Which IIsi Adapter Card to get???

Post by Steve Lem » Fri, 30 Nov 1990 02:37:58

}I would like to know which one of the two adapter cards one
}would reccomend to a IIsi purchaser who has no idea what
}type of expansion cards he may use in the future. Which one
}are most people ordering now??

This may sound a bit strange, but why not wait until you decide what board
you are going to install?  True, you'll be without a math coprocessor in
the meantime, but something else to consider is this:  As an example, I'll
assume you decide to purchase a Radius display board for your IIsi.  Well,
if you get the PDS (SE/30) version, you'll get the adapter card free!  Then
you would have wasted all that extra money to buy the adapter (and possibly
the wrong one) in the first place...  Granted, the Radius adapter does not
include the math coprocessor, but the board is free, and there is a socket
on it to which you can add a coprocessor as an upgrade.

No problem.
--
----- Steve Lemke, Engineering Quality Assurance, Radius Inc., San Jose -----
----- "I'm not a UNIX wizard, but I play the Postmaster at radius.com." -----

Which IIsi Adapter Card to get???

Post by 18215.. » Thu, 29 Nov 1990 22:32:59

Hi Folks,

I would like to know which one of the two adapter cards one
would reccomend to a IIsi purchaser who has no idea what
type of expansion cards he may use in the future. Which one
are most people ordering now??

1. IIsi adapter card

For personal use, the only extension card being normally added, I think, will
be the 24-bit color board. And the IIsi is  not fast enough to run a good graphic
application even at 8-bit mode. Why people still want a NuBus adapter, which is
slower than the PDS, to have 24-bit color. There are many PDS 24-bit color
board spcially designed for the IIsi. These accelerated card draw much less
power than the apple 8.24GC card that means it won't burn your machine and cost
much less than the 8.24GC. Ilove the 8.24GC BUT we CANNOT use it in IIsi. And
also the 8.24GC is NOT compatible w/ system 7.0, that is why we have to turn it
off almost all the time in our computer lab.

There are some adapter cards on the market now offering an extra slot for the
IIsi to upgrate it speed while retaining an PDS for any other use, like adding
the 24-Bit color board.

2. BMP Converter

3. Mac IIsi NuBus Adapter Cards?

4. Indigo Monitor power

5. Iisi Adapter Cards

6. ATTENTION!!! =====> THIS IS NOT the ADD ....

7. Need help getting Geoport telecom adaptor working

8. Site Replication

9. IIsi adapter for Daystar PowerCache wanted

10. NB adapter for IIsi

11. IIsi Adaptor Survey Summary

12. 3rd party IIsi FPU adaptor boards

13. IIsi and adapter