HELP!!! SAD MAC CODE 0000000F 00007FFF ON QUADRA!!!

HELP!!! SAD MAC CODE 0000000F 00007FFF ON QUADRA!!!

Post by Jess M Hol » Mon, 07 Dec 1992 01:46:53

I was just changing the desktop pattern on our Quadra 700 when the
Mac froze.  I had to reboot the machine.  Upon restart, the following
was displayed

   0000000F
   00007FFF

with the infamous sad Mac icon on a black screen (the smiley Mac showed
briefly first).

I have already checked the sad Mac codes sheet, but unless I am missing
something this one is not covered.  What's going on???

Any and all help would be INFINITELY appreciated, especially if it is
timely.

Jess Holle

HELP!!! SAD MAC CODE 0000000F 00007FFF ON QUADRA!!!

Post by Matthew T. Russot » Mon, 07 Dec 1992 07:36:04

Quote:>I was just changing the desktop pattern on our Quadra 700 when the
>Mac froze.  I had to reboot the machine.  Upon restart, the following
>was displayed

>   0000000F
>   00007FFF

>with the infamous sad Mac icon on a black screen (the smiley Mac showed
>briefly first).

>I have already checked the sad Mac codes sheet, but unless I am missing
>something this one is not covered.  What's going on???

>Any and all help would be INFINITELY appreciated, especially if it is
>timely.

Boot from a floppy, preferably the floppy with your hard disk
installation software on it.  This sort of thing usually means that
your hard disk driver or system software has gotten corrupted.

--

Some news readers expect "Disclaimer:" here.
Just say NO to police searches and seizures.  Make them use force.

1. Help with sad mac code 0000000f 00000000a on classic

Hi, everyone.

My friend got the following sad mac code

0000 000f
0000 000a

on his Classic on startup.   And the mac does not read the floopy either.

Can someone please explain what the codes mean and what might have caused
the problem?

And how to get the mac back to be happy and operational without a trip to
the dealer if possible.

Please email to

if possible, otherwise, just post it here.

Thanks in advance.

James.

2. APL97 Conference, August 17-20, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA

3. sad mac code question? 0000000F 00000033

4. HELP: xgrabsc on SGI anoyone ?

5. Sad Mac Code 0000000F 00000003

6. NAT32 VS Sygate - Dialup

7. Sad Mac Error Code on Quadra 605

8. FS: Cisco 2503 ISDN routers

9. HELP: Mac Plus w/new memory = Sad Mac code 0200FF

10. Sad Mac 0000000F 00000002 >> Solved! :)

11. Bad Problem, how to fix: Sad Mac 0000000F 00000002

12. HELP! Unknown "Sad Mac" Code!

13. Help! Sad Mac code?