No printer icon shows up.

Post by Michael Grah » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 03:20:17

Hi all

I just book a HP Laserjet 1300 and am trying to get it hooked and
running. Problem I am having is though when I go to the chooser I am
able to select LaserWriter 8 as requested by HP, but I am not able to
select my printer after that. i have checked all the cables and
everything is pugged just fine. Anyone one out there know why this is
happening and what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks
M. Graham

No printer icon shows up.

Post by Derryck Croke » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:28:51

Quote:> I just book a HP Laserjet 1300 and am trying to get it hooked and
> running. Problem I am having is though when I go to the chooser I am
> able to select LaserWriter 8 as requested by HP, but I am not able to
> select my printer after that. i have checked all the cables and

Is this printer secondhand? If so, and your printer is anything like the
Laserjet 5M that I recently asked in here about, it's possible that the
Ethertalk protocol had been deactivated.

Mine had a cold boot sequence: Switch on with the "Go" button pressed.

--
Cheers,

Derryck

No printer icon shows up.

Post by Maria Duarte / SAD-Marketin » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:25:40

You had to have the Laserwriter extension in you extension folder,
Only after that you had Laserwriter in the chooser.

Bye

> Socit?: http://groups.google.com/
> Groupes?: comp.sys.mac.printing,comp.sys.mac
> Date?: 23 Jun 2003 11:20:17 -0700
> Objet?: No printer icon shows up.

> Hi all

> I just book a HP Laserjet 1300 and am trying to get it hooked and
> running. Problem I am having is though when I go to the chooser I am
> able to select LaserWriter 8 as requested by HP, but I am not able to
> select my printer after that. i have checked all the cables and
> everything is pugged just fine. Anyone one out there know why this is
> happening and what I need to do to fix this?

> Thanks
> M. Graham

1. System File Icons not showing

Problem: All system file Icons are showing as the default document
icon, with the exception of the Clipboard file, which shows as the
standard miniature Macintosh. Files include: System, Finder, Macintalk,
Scrapbook, Moose Phrases, Calendar file, Macsbug, etc. Rebuilding the
Desktop does not help.  The files all have the MACS creator flag properly set.
The system icon (#3) is in the Desktop file as it should be. The special
MACS resource in the Desktop file is there. (For some reason, when you open
the MACS resource you cannot close it again - ResEdit gives a message:
"bad hex string")  Cutting it out and rebuilding the desktop
does not help. Copying a given system file to another bootable disk
causes the correct icon to appear, but when it is copied back to the hard
disk, it reverts to the generic document icon.

System 3.2, Finder 5.3, Macintosh+, DataframeXP 20.

Any ideas?

Wade Blomgren
UCSD ACS
...sdcsvax!sdacs!wade

2. 6.5 root/usr repartitioning

3. Icons, Icons, Icons!

4. Ainc's Web Page Quotes + Development Solutions.

5. Network Printer Problem (multiplying printer icons)

6. Things I'd like to see in WARP 4.0

7. Apple II - Gremlins Software - NOS

8. Esasy Cd creator

9. Need converter PC Icons to Mac Icon

10. System 6 trash icon -> other icons

11. Replacing CDev icons (icon resources)

12. Lots of icons and random Infinite Icon List