Self powered USB hub vs KB and Shutdown

Post by Peter Teeso » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 05:44:37

I have a Quicksilver G4 (2001) under Mac OS X 10.2.6.
Recently I re-arranged my work area and as part of that plugged in my
self-powered ADS USB Ultra Hub 4 into the Keyboard.

The devices pluffed into the hub work fine but I have isolated what
appears to me to be a bug.

With the hub plugged in or powered shutting down the G4 will
automatically re-start it. Unplugging the hub or removing power allows
shutdown to work correctly.

Why is this happeneing? Am I doing something wrong here?

respect...

Peter

1. Powered USB hubs

Hi,

My brother and I have XLR8 Dual Port USB PCI cards installed in our
machines and we both need to purchase a powered hub to use with them.
Are there any brands and models that you would recommend? Or, does it
not really matter as long as you go with a well known manufacturer? Any
advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rober

--
Meyers Robinson Lives!! http://www.meyersrobinson.com

"I wake up each morning determined to change the world and also
to have one hell of a good time. Sometimes that makes planning
the day a little difficult." - E.B. White

2. Can't get new posts in PMI News

3. Any monitor with built-in powered USB hub?

4. Internet control camera.

5. Vds 7-Port Hub USB Logitech WingMan neuf pour connecter 7 peripherques usb

6. Sending a file through IR programmatically

7. Vds 7-Port Hub USB Logitech WingMan neuf car gagné 280 FF; valeur 600 FF.

8. usb problem on beige g3, hub related?

9. FA: iBook 466 DVD SE, Epson 740i Printer & 4 port USB Hub

10. Monitor shuts down with USB hub connected

11. FA: iBook 466 DVD SE, Epson 740i Printer & 4 port USB Hub

12. FA: 300mhz ZIF G3, DDS2 DAT and USB Hub