CD drive rejects audio CD

Post by noelie » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 05:50:41

I have a 2-disk audio CD, the contents of which I wanted to transfer to
my computer via iTunes. One CD worked fine, but the other ground around
in there for awhile and then spit back out with no dialog box on the
screen telling me what might have been wrong. The behavior was the same
on my Powerbook AND my iMac, yet in a regular CD player it played just
fine.

Any ideas on what's wrong, and is there any other way to transfer the
audio to the computer? I bought the CD while visiting NYC and am now
back home, so returning it is not an option.

noelieg

CD drive rejects audio CD

Post by Clun » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 21:55:27

> I have a 2-disk audio CD, the contents of which I wanted to transfer to
> my computer via iTunes. One CD worked fine, but the other ground around
> in there for awhile and then spit back out with no dialog box on the
> screen telling me what might have been wrong. The behavior was the same
> on my Powerbook AND my iMac, yet in a regular CD player it played just
> fine.

> Any ideas on what's wrong, and is there any other way to transfer the
> audio to the computer? I bought the CD while visiting NYC and am now
> back home, so returning it is not an option.

> noelieg

Just a stab in the dark, but see if you can try sticking it in someones
IBM clone in case its got some micros*ft autoboot stuff on it that the
mac is rejecting.

1. audio CDs rejected by Apple 300

Can anyone tell me why I can't read audio CDs on my Apple 300 CD drives.
I have one internal in a Q840av and one external on a IIci.
The software has been reinstalled twice from two different sources, but
they still reject audio CDs!
On very rare occasions, they do accept and play back audio CDs. Half an hour
later, the same CD is rejected as illegible!
thanks,
        Mark

2. Palm Backflip

3. IIgs, CD-audio, Apple HS SCSI, and which Apple brand CD-ROM drives?

4. how to make new friends online - easy, it works great !

5. Sampling off a audio CD using a CD-ROM drive???

6. I have SEEN the N64!

7. ##$ Save money on CD-Audio & CD ROM Packages $##

8. Does anyone recognize this TAPE drive? OS/2 support?

9. Audio CDs made with Que won't play in CD players

10. Mac CD audio into QTime with FWB CD-ROM toolkit

11. Questions about CD-ROM & Audio CDs

12. Can you use an Audio CD as a CD ROM?

13. Can CD-R Drive *replace* (bootable) CD drive?