What to do with (don't laugh) Dataframe 20?

What to do with (don't laugh) Dataframe 20?

Post by Pete Rodrigu » Wed, 02 Sep 1992 03:18:57

Is there anything that can be done with a Dataframe 20?  I doesn't seem to
work with any newer Macs (only Mac Plus).  It doesn't have a hardware way
to change the SCSI number.  I tried using the program to change the SCSI
number, but it still doesn't work.

What about using it as a hard drive for a Laserwriter IINT or IIF?

____________________________________
Pete Rodriguez
Undergraduate Admissions
Northwestern University

What to do with (don't laugh) Dataframe 20?

Post by Paul Robicha » Wed, 02 Sep 1992 06:09:59

Au contraire, mon frere! The Dataframe 20 indeed has a hardware selectable
SCSI ID. Take the case off, find the jumper block on the controller card,
and away you go.

The latest version of the Dataframe software (4.2e, I think) has a nice
PICT illustrating where the jumpers and whatnot go.

"Don't laugh?" My DF20 is still working quite well after _SIX YEARS._ It's
not fast, and it sure is noisy... but it's still going.

-Paul
--
Paul Robichaux, KD4JZG          | I shouldn't * / I shouldn't cry

1. BASIC question {don't laugh please}

        Could anyone tell me how to get the random number generator
        to reset or give me a different value while in a loop?

        Example source code:

        10 let a = rnd(x)
        20 let m = a + m
        30 let z = 1
        40 if z > 10 then 100
        50 goto 10
        100 print m

        My problem exists when the program goes back to line 10 it uses the
        same value as the first time so I essentialy get multiplication by 10.
        Can anyone help me?

        thanks in advance and my gratitude is eternal,

 *    James Riddle                       *

2. Second Sight

3. Pascal/Delphi, C, C++ Windows GUI programmer wanted.

4. APPLE ][ emulators for the PC (don't laugh)

5. It may be off-topic question.

6. Looking for old (don't laugh) 128K stuff

7. Adding a control to a Calendar's title????

8. Why don't some applications work w/HD-20?

9. Don't buy Hard disks from CMS, they don't honor warranties

10. TiPaint slackers don't send paint, don't reply to my e-mails

11. Using a DataFrame 20 w/ a IIgs?

12. DataFrame 20 acting flakey ... HELP!