Read/write optical disks, anyone?

Post by Ge' Weije » Thu, 02 Aug 1990 09:37:00

Has anyone tried to connect a read/write optical disk to the Mac (II)?.
The NeXT-type disk should be available now. It would be useful to connect
such a thing to an AppleShare file server, as speed is not much of a concern
there, but space is.

Ge'

Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science,   (uunet.uu.net!cs.kun.nl!ge)
University of Nijmegen, Toernooiveld 1
6525 ED Nijmegen, the Netherlands              tel. +3180612483 (UTC-2)

1. Read/Write Optical Disks

I am currently beginning to look for a read/write optical disk drive.  I have
seen a few of them starting to surface, and heard some reports on them.  Has
anyone out there any suggestions as to which drives to look at closely?

I hope this hasn't been covered extensively already, I am new to this group.
Please post responses or email them and I will post a summary.

Thanks in advance! -bri

2. compiling performer example programs

3. read/write optical disk drives

4. iPAQ in West Palm Beach

5. Looking for good read/write optical drive

6. Visualbasic vs NewEra vs Powerbuilder

7. 128MB Read/Write Optical Drives

8. No longer living a dream...TCI@HOME

9. Disk Drinve card for apple2 can read/write IBM-PC disks & Prodos

10. Read/write to 800k apple disks?

11. How do I read/write MSDOS Fat Zip disks on a IIgs?

12. Bi-color red/green LEDs: Disk II read/write????

13. reading/writing Apple II disks in a PC?