Print Spoolers for the ImageWriter?

Post by Frank O'Dwyer , ext. 16 » Thu, 02 Aug 1990 16:28:00

Does anyone know of an application which does background printing
of *any* type of file for the ImageWriter (preferably under UniFinder)?

I have tried VafPrint, but this only works for TEXT files.

What I would like is something along the lines of the various
Laser Spoolers which hook onto the standard printer driver,
and redirect its output to a file, with an interrupt-driven
routine reading that file and dumping it to the IW.

Anyone done this?

Print Spoolers for the ImageWriter?

Post by Ted Johns » Thu, 02 Aug 1990 07:31:00

Quote:>What I would like is something along the lines of the various
>Laser Spoolers which hook onto the standard printer driver,
>and redirect its output to a file, with an interrupt-driven
>routine reading that file and dumping it to the IW.

The only products I have heard of which do this cost > $50.00.  Sorry,
I don't remember their names.

-Ted

Anyone done this?
----------

Print Spoolers for the ImageWriter?

Post by Fab.. » Thu, 02 Aug 1990 04:07:00

Frank,

Take a look at SuperMac Software's SuperSpool 5.0, even SuperLaserSpool 2.0.
SuperSpool is specifically for the direct connect ImageWriters (I/II/LQ).

Fabian Ramirez
SuperMac Technology

sun!cup.portal.com!fabian

1. Print Spooler for ImageWriter II over AppleTalk

I've been looking for an inexpensive print spooler for my 2-Mac office
which has an ImageWriter II w/AT option card and a small AppleTalk net.

It seems that Apple has neglected the large user-base of ImageWriters
when it released MultiFinder/Print Monitor -- it supports only
LaserWriters.  So, your Mac is still tied up with a print job to an
ImageWriter even under MF.

It appears that most Print Spoolers on the market support only
LaserWriters.

Does anyone have a *good* spooler, at a resaonable price, that they
would recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Taylor Leaming

2. Footnote markers

3. Imagewriter Print Spoolers

4. Before you post to Microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz

5. Print Spooler for ImageWriter II over Ap

6. delay times

7. Express print spooler

8. Epyx: Pitstop 2 / SS Baseball / Sub Battle Sim.

9. User Authentication Dialog on Print Spoolers

10. Print spoolers... what's the best?

11. AppleShare Print Spooler

12. Info request on print spoolers

13. Need a good ImageWriter Spooler