Microsoft Security Issue

Post by j-ra » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Does the document tracking number issue for Word/ Office 98 that has
been in the news so much lately apply to Office 98 docs created on the
Mac?

Anyone seen any info or articles out there on the web on this topic?

Microsoft Security Issue

Post by Greg Sigm » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Does the document tracking number issue for Word/ Office 98 that has
> been in the news so much lately apply to Office 98 docs created on the
> Mac?

> Anyone seen any info or articles out there on the web on this topic?

Yes, it does, and yes, I have. Check www.macintouch.com - they have a
special report section on MS security issues.

--
Greg Sigman
http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~sigman/

1. security for file sharing via TCP/IP and other Macintosh security issues

Hi all -

    I have a Mac in my office (running OS 9) to which I connect from home by
File Sharing via TCP/IP. Recently another computer in the building was
hacked remotely and a bunch of files were erased. I am now concerned about
mine; is there any sort of software package that can be applied over the
file sharing to give a higher degree of security? And, is there any known
way to access a Mac on the internet if the file sharing is turned off?
    On a related issue, to monitor access to the Mac "in person" (people
using the machine from the console, is there any good software which can act
like a password protected screen saver, except that it 1) has several
possible passwords (so I can assign individual passwords to valid users, and
2) records the password and the date/time it's entered (so I can tell who is
using it when)?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions (please cc: to

Mike

2. cm tool for vignette

3. Security issue with Micro$oft products

4. Budget and Capital Gains

5. Softdisk issues and uptime issues

6. Powerbook 170 freezes after 18 seconds; Help!

7. FA: On ebay Hot Pink Apple Network Security Coffee Mug

8. New Security Site

9. FA: Cool Pink Apple Security Coffee Mug

10. Q: about using App//e as a 'central command center' for a security system

11. For security, OS/2 does not allow direct hardware access

12. How to get rid of "For Security: OS/2" posts