Default settings on a Mac. Is it possible?

Post by Mike McCa » Fri, 02 Feb 1990 19:00:00

Has anyone written an Init that resets the Mac's control panel setting
to a user defined set of defaults?  We have several Macs on display in
our Micro Center for people to play with before they purchase a Mac (or
to see if they want one).  We want the people to play with them, the
problem comes when they play too much and dont set everything back to
"normal".  MacII Monitors set for b&w 2 color, Ram cache set for 1024K,
background color set to some strange shade of green, etc.  It would be
wonderful just the restart the machine and have all the settings back to
"normal".

Another semi-related question, can you set startup to a file instead of
an application?  We have a demo that is booted by double-clicking on a
list of graphic files but I cant set startup to the file.  Any way
around this?

Thanks for the help in advance,

--

Poole Computer Center (Box P-21)       UUCP = gatech!hubcap!mmccann

Clemson, S.C. 29634-2803         DISCLAIMER = I speak only for myself.

Post by Hartmut Semk » Fri, 02 Feb 1990 22:27:00

>Has anyone written an Init that resets the Mac's control panel setting
>to a user defined set of defaults?

My new System included MacroMaker.

A simple Macro can do everything (e.g. switch off the Mac on keystroke
"e"... :-)

hase
--

If there is something more important than my Ego, I want it caught and shot.
Now! (Zaphod Beeblebrox)

1. Setting the default directory in Kangaroo

What determines the default directory in an application when Kangaroo is
active? I've looked through the manual 3 times, to no avail. I'm
starting to get really annoyed by the fact that all of my programs open
to totally irrelevant directories.

Thanks for any info.

        Tero Sand
--

   "I feel most ministers who claim they've heard God's voice are eating
too much pizza before they go to bed at night, and it's really an

2. CISCO Local Director backup

3. REALLY setting default browser

4. traffic on this group

5. Setting application default font & Desktop Manager problems.

6. cpu usage

7. question: setting a checkbox on as default (PostScript)

8. Novice def question

9. Appleshare default settings & LaserWriter question

10. defaults in LaserWriter (was defaults in PageSetup)

11. Restore Old Mac SE to Factory Defaults

12. mac.binaries-->MSDOS---->Mac II possible?

13. MI/X Mac: Error: Could not open default font fixed