Macintosh Nostalgia

Post by Chris Russ » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 03:19:40

We've got the original Macintosh featured neatly on a T-shirt with some
funny sayings under it.  Basically we're trying to sell shirts so that we
can buy more old computers, so that we can sell more shirts so that we can
buy old computers. :-)

Anyway, have a look... http://www.retrohacker.com

---
http://www.retrohacker.com
Nostalgia for the computer enthusiast of yesteryear.
Amiga 1000, Commodore 64, Original Macintosh, Apple ][, TI-99/4A and more!

Macintosh Nostalgia

Post by Brian Paul Ehn » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 13:15:45

> We've got the original Macintosh featured neatly on a T-shirt with some
> funny sayings under it.  Basically we're trying to sell shirts so that we
> can buy more old computers, so that we can sell more shirts so that we can
> buy old computers. :-)

> Anyway, have a look... http://www.retrohacker.com

> ---
> http://www.retrohacker.com
> Nostalgia for the computer enthusiast of yesteryear.
> Amiga 1000, Commodore 64, Original Macintosh, Apple ][, TI-99/4A and more!

I've got a stack of Iici, Iicx, Iisi I'll GIVE you. (forgive the spelling,
but Entourage insists on changing the model numbers to lower case, even when
turned off). Just come to Nashville, TN and pick 'em up.

Brian

Macintosh Nostalgia

Post by Chris Russ » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:44:56

Quote:> I've got a stack of Iici, Iicx, Iisi I'll GIVE you. (forgive the spelling,
> but Entourage insists on changing the model numbers to lower case, even
when
> turned off). Just come to Nashville, TN and pick 'em up.

hehehe... wow, that's very generous of you.
Only problem is that I live in MA. :)
Are they in good shape?  Do they work?  If you wouldn't mind shipping them,
we might pay for shipping to get our paws on them.  Great machines.

Macintosh Nostalgia

Post by Michael Pende » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 02:29:13

Quote:

> I've got a stack of Iici, Iicx, Iisi I'll GIVE you. (forgive the spelling,
> but Entourage insists on changing the model numbers to lower case, even
when
> turned off). Just come to Nashville, TN and pick 'em up.

> Brian

Is there a FAQ available that describes the features and speed of the older
Macintoshes?  I'd like to know more about the differences between the LC,
the Quadra, the PowerPC, etc.

Thanks,

- Mike

Macintosh Nostalgia

Post by Brian Paul Ehn » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 03:11:23

>> I've got a stack of Iici, Iicx, Iisi I'll GIVE you. (forgive the spelling,
>> but Entourage insists on changing the model numbers to lower case, even
> when
>> turned off). Just come to Nashville, TN and pick 'em up.

>> Brian

> Is there a FAQ available that describes the features and speed of the older
> Macintoshes?  I'd like to know more about the differences between the LC,
> the Quadra, the PowerPC, etc.

> Thanks,

> - Mike

TRY THIS:

http://www.apple-history.com/frames/?

Macintosh Nostalgia

Post by Alan Zisma » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:00:56

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:29:13 GMT, "Michael Pender"

>> I've got a stack of Iici, Iicx, Iisi I'll GIVE you. (forgive the spelling,
>> but Entourage insists on changing the model numbers to lower case, even
>when
>> turned off). Just come to Nashville, TN and pick 'em up.

>> Brian

>Is there a FAQ available that describes the features and speed of the older
>Macintoshes?  I'd like to know more about the differences between the LC,
>the Quadra, the PowerPC, etc.

Low End Mac (www.lowendmac.com) has pages on various models. Or get a
copy of David Pogue's Macworld Mac Secrets book (any recent edition)--
there are a couple of chapters on the various Mac models.

Note that for any of what you mention-- LC, Quadra, etc, there were
lots of different models with different specs.

- -AZ

Macintosh Nostalgia

Post by ComicSho » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:01:27

> On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:29:13 GMT, "Michael Pender"

> >> I've got a stack of Iici, Iicx, Iisi I'll GIVE you. (forgive the spelling,
> >> but Entourage insists on changing the model numbers to lower case, even
> >when
> >> turned off). Just come to Nashville, TN and pick 'em up.

> >> Brian

> >Is there a FAQ available that describes the features and speed of the older
> >Macintoshes?  I'd like to know more about the differences between the LC,
> >the Quadra, the PowerPC, etc.

> Low End Mac (www.lowendmac.com) has pages on various models. Or get a
> copy of David Pogue's Macworld Mac Secrets book (any recent edition)--
> there are a couple of chapters on the various Mac models.

> Note that for any of what you mention-- LC, Quadra, etc, there were
> lots of different models with different specs.

> - -AZ

Alan: Yes Entourage can be a real PITA at times. Try General
Prefs->Spelling and select "Ignore words in UPPERCASE"

--
ComicShop
<worst poster - ever>

Macintosh Nostalgia

Post by Brian Paul Ehn » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:33:10

> Alan: Yes Entourage can be a real PITA at times. Try General
> Prefs->Spelling and select "Ignore words in UPPERCASE"

That was me. That option is checked, and it still insists that "Two ci" be
spelled "Iici".

Brian

Macintosh Nostalgia

Post by ComicSho » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:55:05

> > Alan: Yes Entourage can be a real PITA at times. Try General
> > Prefs->Spelling and select "Ignore words in UPPERCASE"

> That was me. That option is checked, and it still insists that "Two ci" be
> spelled "Iici".

> Brian

I think I had the same problem and had to restart several times trying
different combinations before it "took". (ie. start with off, restart
and turn it on, restart and check, etc.)

--
ComicShop
<worst poster - ever>