HELP download problem

Post by Carla Uytterhaeg » Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I have a very ennoying problem: by opening downloaded files from
different websites (e.i. versiontracker, puremac, kagi)or my computer
freeze or I have a mention : error -39 (-39   eofErr  End of file; no
additional data in the format) I have already replaced Netscape 4.03 by
Netscape Communicator and I have stuffit expander 4.5. The only download
I succeed was an imagefile from Apple (disk Aid 8.2). What can be the
problem? Please try to help me: the problem is still there since the end
of May.

ATTENTION:remove second a in carla before replying.Thank you

HELP download problem

Post by Edwin E. Thor » Sun, 28 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I have a very ennoying problem: by opening downloaded files from
> different websites (e.i. versiontracker, puremac, kagi)or my computer
> freeze or I have a mention : error -39 (-39   eofErr  End of file; no
> additional data in the format) I have already replaced Netscape 4.03 by
> Netscape Communicator and I have stuffit expander 4.5. The only download
> I succeed was an imagefile from Apple (disk Aid 8.2). What can be the
> problem? Please try to help me: the problem is still there since the end
> of May.

> ATTENTION:remove second a in carla before replying.Thank you

Run Disk First Aid and rebuild your Desktop.   Set the Application
helpers in Internet Config.

Edwin
Created on an Apple Macintosh Performa 6400/180

1. Help download problem

Hi,
It is impossible to open downloaded files (as e.i. FinderPop 1.6.4)
downloaded from different websites,on different days and many times,
because of an error -39 (-39   eofErr  End of file; no additional data
in the format) What can be the reason and how to cure? I already
reinstalled Netscape 4.03 but the problem is still there.
Thanks for your answer,
Yours sincerely
Carl

ATTENTION:remove second a in carla before replying.Thank you

2. Domino's HTTP task on a AS400 server

3. problem w/downloading apple II images...HELP!!

4. Experience with Toshiba SD Bluetooth

5. Downloading Problem: Help!!

6. Cisco 2900 connectivity issue

7. Apple website downloading problems

8. Select with normalized table

9. PCT and Telix: Problem downloading from GENIE

10. Downloading Shrinkit (Problems)

11. Solved HCGS download problems, disregard previous post.

12. Some recent download problems

13. downloading problems