Scripting editor for OS X?

Post by Craig Baile » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:09:18

Anyone recommend a good script editor for Mac OS X?

Just finished a 4-day PHP class in front of a Windows machine, and liked
the editor we used. Don't recall the name, but it gave line numbers as
well as some color coding, etc.

Having trouble finding the same in an editor that'll run on OS X.

--
Floydian Slip(tm) - "Broadcasting from the dark side of the moon"
Random Precision Productions(tm)

Scripting editor for OS X?

Post by matt neubur » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 00:14:58

Quote:> Anyone recommend a good script editor for Mac OS X?

> Just finished a 4-day PHP class in front of a Windows machine, and
> liked  the editor we used. Don't recall the name, but it gave line
> numbers as  well as some color coding, etc.

> Having trouble finding the same in an editor that'll run on OS X.

BBEdit. m.

--

REALbasic: The Definitive Guide! 2nd edition!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596001770/somethingsbymatt

Scripting editor for OS X?

Post by Eric Alber » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:17:12

Quote:> Anyone recommend a good script editor for Mac OS X?

> Just finished a 4-day PHP class in front of a Windows machine, and liked
> the editor we used. Don't recall the name, but it gave line numbers as
> well as some color coding, etc.

> Having trouble finding the same in an editor that'll run on OS X.

BBEdit.  It's terrific.

-Eric

--

http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~ejalbert/

Scripting editor for OS X?

Post by Chris Pruet » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:42:52

> Anyone recommend a good script editor for Mac OS X?

> Just finished a 4-day PHP class in front of a Windows machine, and liked
> the editor we used. Don't recall the name, but it gave line numbers as
> well as some color coding, etc.

> Having trouble finding the same in an editor that'll run on OS X.

There's BBEdit, which is nice.  It's a native OSX app so it's all
Macified.  There are numerous other editors availible.

Go to http://versiontracker.com and search for text editors.

You could also go download X11 and fink

http://www.apple.com/macosx/x11/download/
http://fink.sourceforge.net/

and then have your choice of NEdit, Emacs, vi, or whatever.

CP

Scripting editor for OS X?

Post by Mevlu » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 06:17:53

>>Anyone recommend a good script editor for Mac OS X?

>>Just finished a 4-day PHP class in front of a Windows machine, and liked
>>the editor we used. Don't recall the name, but it gave line numbers as
>>well as some color coding, etc.

>>Having trouble finding the same in an editor that'll run on OS X.

> BBEdit.  It's terrific.

> -Eric

UltraEdit is superior: you can use tabs for different files. And
different windows. I work on more than twenty different files. Every
file can have it's own ftp connection. I asked UtraEdit to make UNIX/OSX
version. They were thinking about it. So for my job I have to work on
the other platform unfortunately.
~

Scripting editor for OS X?

Post by Sander Tekelenbur » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 15:08:06

[...]

Quote:> BBEdit.  It's terrific.

I thought "it doesn't suck".

<http://www.barebones.com/store/shirts_bbedit_back.shtml>

;)

--
Free and shareware at <http://www.euronet.nl/~tekelenb/software/>

Scripting editor for OS X?

Post by <bbense+comp.sys.mac.alt.sys.mac.comp.sys.mac.apps.Jun.30.. » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 00:17:55

Scripting editor for OS X?

Post by Tom Harringto » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 01:14:00

> [...]

> > BBEdit.  It's terrific.

> I thought "it doesn't suck".

> <http://www.barebones.com/store/shirts_bbedit_back.shtml>

> ;)

Almost as good as the old System 7.5 shirt-- on the front was "System
7.5 sucks less", and on the back was "We've upped our standards, so up
yours!".

--
Tom "Tom" Harrington
Version 1.4:  Best cleanup yet, gets files other tools miss.

1. Script Editor crashes

It's been a while since I created an AppleScript. But I just decided to
make a quick one. I launched the Script Editor, and clicked the Record
button. Everything froze. After restarting, I again launched Script
Editor and used the menu command to record. Same result. Then I did the
same thing with a different AppleScript editing program. Same result.

It seems that no matter how I initiate AppleScript recording, the system
immediately and totally freezes.

I am assuming this isn't a new feature !-}

Does anyone have a clue?

[I'm running Mac OS 9.1 on a G4/400 with 256 MB RAM, all software
updates installed, etc....]

Ed Anson

2. Problems in Connecticut??

3. Script Timer 2.0 - new GUI version of script and application scheduling software

4. : CX-EIP6 & CX-FSIP8 cost modification for RSP

5. Script Timer Users: New bonus script available

6. Newton-method solving problem

7. GS/OS Installer Scripts

8. OS X Connection Script?

9. Code editor for OS X?

10. HTML editor for Mac OS X?

11. Alternative Editors (was Re: Problems with ORCA/M editor)

12. Resource editor Editor - HELP!!