Spooler for ImageWriter LQ

Post by Frank Malczews » Wed, 02 May 1990 02:42:00

I am looking for a print spooler for the ImageWriter LQ that someone knows fro
sure (i.e., owns and uses) works to allow background printing simultaneously
with most everything else.  I am only aware of two spoolers (SuperSpool and
SuperLaserSpool); do either/both of these fit the bill?  Are there others?

P.S.  I've decided it is probably not a good idea to wait for Apple to release
its "promised" equivalent.

Spooler for ImageWriter LQ

Post by Joseph Pout » Wed, 02 May 1990 07:28:00

We here at the U of R have a real problem.  Seems we mananged to get a
file to self-refer to the folder it is in.  I shall try to describe the
symptoms.  it is impossible to remove, clear, throw away, zero.
When I do get info, the disk crashes with eroor 2.
When I use ResEdit, it claims to clear it, but the file reappears.
When opening it, I get a series of the the same file over and over again.
Will someone point me towards a possible solution?  I shall give information
as requested and required, to the best of my ability and software.
Thank you, and have a nice day.

The Mad Mathematician

Spooler for ImageWriter LQ

Post by Norman R. Ga » Wed, 02 May 1990 15:09:00

>I am looking for a print spooler for the ImageWriter LQ that someone knows fro
>sure (i.e., owns and uses) works to allow background printing simultaneously
>with most everything else.  I am only aware of two spoolers (SuperSpool and
>SuperLaserSpool); do either/both of these fit the bill?  Are there others?

 I have seen the Orange Micro Grappler spooler ( a freind has it ) and
she is magnificently satisfied with it.  Apparently, it does all that
you want, provided you have the disk space and memory to spare...

Norman R. Gall

--
York University       Department of Philosophy       Toronto, Ontario, Canada
 "It's only by thinking even more crazily than philosophers do that you

1. LQ Spooler

Sorry if this gets reposted

I have an ImageWriter LQ and I am interested in backgrounding it.  SuperMac
has said that SuperSpool 5.0 will work.  Before I purchase it I would like to
know if anybody knows of, or has had any problems using this spooler with the
Adobe Type Manager. (Which, by the way, looks fantastic on my LQ)

Any help would be appreciated. (Adobe, SuperMac, anybody out there?)

|---------------------------------------|  the SUNY-B Computer users.         |
|  System Consultant - World Computers  |-------------------------------------|
|  Computer Cons. - SUNY Binghamton     |     Darren `Mac Hack' Handler       |
I don't know if I am going to heaven or hell, I just hope God grades on a curve

2. Networking

3. Print Spooler for ImageWriter II over AppleTalk

4. NT: Speaking of uptime ...

5. Print Spoolers for the ImageWriter?

6. Amiga 3000 w/210m,18MB ram,Multisync4d,epson prt,etc - $4000 obo!

7. Need a good ImageWriter Spooler

8. Mouse and Joystick on //c

9. imagewriter spooler

10. ImageWriter Spooler