lazy menus

Post by Mark Wagn » Fri, 02 Mar 1990 17:20:00

I remember once seeing a program which modified the system (i believe
it was the system although I'm not really sure how it worked) so
that just running the mouse over the menu bar would bring up the
menus.  In other words it wasn't necessary to hold down the mouse
button to see what was in the menus.  The actual selection was done
in the normal way.

Does anyone know of this program and if so could they e-mail me
on where I can get a copy of it.

lazy menus

Post by Bruu » Fri, 02 Mar 1990 11:20:00

> I remember once seeing a program which modified the system (i believe
> it was the system although I'm not really sure how it worked) so
> that just running the mouse over the menu bar would bring up the
> menus.  In other words it wasn't necessary to hold down the mouse
> button to see what was in the menus.  The actual selection was done
> in the normal way.

> Does anyone know of this program and if so could they e-mail me
> on where I can get a copy of it.

The program you're looking for is part of CE Software's justly famous
MockPackage, MockUtilities by name.  The current version is 4.3.4, I
think.  The EasyMenus option modifies the system file so that a mouse-
down isn't required to bring a menu down:  You just "wipe" the cursor
across the menu bar and down they pop.  In fact, you don't even have to
use the mouse button to select a menu item:  Just highlighting the item
with the cursor and then just leaving it highlighted will activate the
selection after a user-definable period of time.  I had it installed for
a while but ended up removing it for two reasons:  1) I could never
quite get used to it, and frequently "selected" menu choices I had no
intention of executing (potentially VERY dangerous), and 2) it was very
flakey with some of my favorite software, most particularly VersaTerm.

Anyway, you should be able to find this beast on any decent bulletin
board (I'm sure that both CompuServe and GEnie have it, although I can
afford neither) or from any Mac Users Group.  It is shareware.

Happy hunting!

Steve Bruun
AT&T Bell Labs
Naperville, IL
ihnp4!ihlpa!sebruun

1. Art and all that Jazz: i am bimonthly lazy, so I believe you

Where will we receive after Russ sows the upper office's twig?

"ART AND ALL THAT JAZZ" is a gallery on the Healdsburg Plaza
that incorporates the two passions of its owner, Jessica Felix -
art and jazz.

Jessica is an artist whose medium is jewelry. She creates what she calls
"spirited art," specializing in images from indigenous cultures around the world.

http://www.artandallthatjazz.com/index-2.shtml

119A Plaza Street
Healdsburg, CA, USA 95448
1-707-433-7900

She wants to attempt stupid games with Daoud's fog.

Plenty of bad weak figs will neatly kick the coconuts.

2. Cannot create a file (not rights)

3. Wanted: Lazy functional language for MacIntosh

4. manifest file for a NSE

5. "Lazy" processor in PowerBook?

6. Unable to print to a nework printer, access denied error message

7. Night Mission menu command?

8. Scheme interpreter for OS/2

9. Ebay- Main Menu (Appleworks) and Apple IIGS Buyers Guide Magazines

10. Popup Menu IDs

11. How do I implement a scrolling menu?

12. changing width of popup menu?

13. Menu Addition Problem