Sony SDM-S51R flat panel + Mac beige G3 = Not Working

Sony SDM-S51R flat panel + Mac beige G3 = Not Working

Post by buskerd » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 11:01:02

My brand-spanking-new flat panel is saying "No signal" when plugged
into this very beige G3 mac. It's running through an NEC Multisync
mac-vga adapter. Is that the wrong adapter? Someone who knows
computers gave it to me but may have made a mistake. What's the deal?

Thanks!

Post by buskerd » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 19:35:09

> My brand-spanking-new flat panel is saying "No signal" when plugged
> into this very beige G3 mac. It's running through an NEC Multisync
> mac-vga adapter. Is that the wrong adapter? Someone who knows
> computers gave it to me but may have made a mistake. What's the deal?

> Thanks!

Oh yeah, and I'm running OS9.

Sony SDM-S51R flat panel + Mac beige G3 = Not Working

Post by buskerd » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:47:59

In case anyone answers, here's the latest:

A different mac/vga adapter lets the monmitor work but only if the
machine has been started up first with the CRT monitor. A swap then
yields a working flat panel. If the machine is started with the flat
panel, however, it says "out of scan range." Any clues?

1. Who sells flat panel displays for Macs?

We have a number of sales reps who are convinced that they could comfortably
take their Mac IIci systems on the road with them, if only they had a flat
panel display rather than a regular monitor.  Is anyone selling flat panel
displays for Macs?

Thanks!

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman                                   Ascent Logic Corporation
Computer Operations Manager                     180 Rose Orchard Way, Suite 200

                                                Phone:  408/943-0630

2. LaTeX 4 NT short cut!

3. Can I Stuff A B&W G3 CPU in a beige G3?

4. Outlook Express Identities

5. FS: G3 300/150 mhz 1MB Backside (from Beige G3)

6. PLEASE HELP - SYS0318 error during installation :(

7. FS: Used Macs, Centris 660 AV, Beige G3, PowerMac 4400, LCII, SW II

8. EPSON Stylus 1520 or ESC/P draft

9. Q: about crashing beige G3 mac

10. G3 DVD-ROM does not work after ATI Radeon 7000 install

11. FA: C-Vue Flat Panel Display for Apple //c

12. FA: Apple IIc Flat Panel Display w/ Box

13. wanted:AppleIIc FLAT PANEL DISPLAY MODEM etc