Logitech keyboard: where is EJECT?

Post by Luigi Matter » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 01:31:04

Quote:> I notice that Logitech keyboards (at least the wireless ones I was
> looking at) have no Eject button.  Can they be programmed to simulate
> one?

I own a Logitech Elite.  You can assign Eject to any of the "special"
keys on the keyboard outside of the F-Lock key.  (That turns the special
option function keys into normal ones..)

You do need to download and install the driver for this to work.

--
Email address is totally fake, I've lost accounts to (Taiwanese)
spam as is, sorry. Try lmatte AT rcn DOT com.

Post by David » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 05:57:20

Luigi Mattera writes:

>> I notice that Logitech keyboards (at least the wireless ones I was
>> looking at) have no Eject button.  Can they be programmed to
>> simulate one?

> I own a Logitech Elite.  You can assign Eject to any of the
> "special" keys on the keyboard outside of the F-Lock key.  (That
> turns the special option function keys into normal ones..)

> You do need to download and install the driver for this to work.

Alternatively, MacOS should let you use F12 (press and hold for a
second or two) as an eject key.  This should work on any keyboard
that doesn't have a MacOS-recognized Eject key.

Also, if that should fail, on OS X, there's an Eject menubar icon you
can install.  Double-click on:
        /System/Library/Core Services/Menu Extras/Eject.menu

Cmd-drag the icon off of the menubar to uninstall it.

-- David

1. Apple 800K Eject INIT vs Safe Eject

Yesterday, I received a copy of Apple 800K Eject INIT without any
documentation.  I was told that this init will decrease the amount
of "This disk is unreadable" error messages.  It works by moving the
read/write heads away from the disk shutter.  This saves the heads
from being caught on the shutter.  This  init is for use with
machines not running system 6.0.4, since that is incorporated into
that system.

My question is what is the advantage of it over Safe Eject by Jay Riley?
The documentation with Jay's Safe Eject is very good and says about
the same thing Apple does about Apple 800K Eject INIT.  Why should I
switch?  I haven't had a disk stick or jam in the drive since I
installed Safe Eject.  Is there any reason to run both inits?  Is one
better than the other?

Tim Oravec
Penn State U.

2. Help IPCHAINS rules for Squid Proxy

3. Help! Microsoft Office Keyboard-loading and ejecting

4. Server Error

5. Keyboard Replacement / No Eject

6. Custom Performance Monitor

7. belkin usb kvm keyboard problems... eject/volume buttons don't work

8. Remove SMS 2.0

9. Vds 7-Port Hub USB Logitech WingMan neuf car gagné 280 FF; valeur 600 FF.

10. Vds 7-Port Hub USB Logitech WingMan neuf pour connecter 7 peripherques usb

11. Logitech Mouse question

12. Logitech Mouse

13. Which Logitech mice?