3rd party IIsi FPU adaptor boards

Post by Steve Stran » Thu, 03 Oct 1991 08:54:45

Has anyone purchased a 3rd party (non-Apple) adaptor card for the
IIsi?  MacTel has one for $99 (as claimed in the Oct. MacUser) with an
030 direct slot, and Third Wave has one for $59 (no FPU, FPU chip is
$75 through them).  Are either of these decent products?  What I'm
most concerned about is the fact that these boards usually come with
software, which may not be compatible with future versions of Apple
system software.

Thanks in advance,

        Steve Strange
        UC Berkeley

Post by Mike Cederho » Fri, 04 Oct 1991 07:24:44

>Has anyone purchased a 3rd party (non-Apple) adaptor card for the
>IIsi?  MacTel has one for $99 (as claimed in the Oct. MacUser) with an
>030 direct slot, and Third Wave has one for $59 (no FPU, FPU chip is
>$75 through them).  Are either of these decent products?  What I'm
>most concerned about is the fact that these boards usually come with
>software, which may not be compatible with future versions of Apple
>system software.

Or .. how about buying my APPLE si slot adapter WITH FPU, This is new, has
never been installed and carries a 1 year warrantee ( I can provide a
receipt with date from the dealer I bought it from... I paid $249 but will
sell it for $150.00

+==================================================+
| Mike Cederholm dba.  pineHOUSE Development       |
| 1246 Lampton Rd.      So. Jordan,  Utah 84065-9218   |

+==================================================+

1. FPU for PB160 or 3rd party docks?

I do a lots of statistics on my Mac, want a portable Mac, but cannot
afford a PB180. Is there any report or rumor for a FPU being made available
for the PB160? What about docks for the Duos? I don't need and cannot
afford the Duo Dock, and the minidock does not have an FPU. Any rumour
about 3rd party docks with FPU?

Thanks in advance,
Denis

2. Bounce mail based on group ID

3. 3rd party video boards?

4. CANON

5. mac IIsi + third party memory + apple nubus adapter = ?

6. power management frustration

7. (Q) Will Daystar PowerCache use FPU on IIsi slot adapter?

8. Win CE version = Pocket PC 2002?

9. particular IIsi adapter board?

10. Apple Toner><3rd party toner

11. FA: 3rd Party Software for Apple Lisa - Incredibly rare !!

12. Apple Toner><3rd party toner