Setting up "Software Update Server"

Post by Raphael Mey » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 02:41:16

In our  office we're using some Macs with OS X. I'd like to know if it
is possible to set up a server that fetches the software updates and
configure the clients to update from our server.

In this case we could save bandwidth or the work of manually download
the updates and let every user install them by himself.

- raphael

Post by Jim Schim » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:56:26

> In our  office we're using some Macs with OS X. I'd like to know if it
> is possible to set up a server that fetches the software updates and
> configure the clients to update from our server.

> In this case we could save bandwidth or the work of manually download
> the updates and let every user install them by himself.

> - raphael

 You can go here (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120232)
for today's update
download that on one machine.  Then just copy it to the others and run
it there.

For further updates you just need to find the download page and get it
on one machine.
With some further work I'm sure you (not me, haven't a clue....) can
make a script to
run the update once you have downloaded it from Apple then given it a
standard name.

--jim

1. Looking for "Serpentine", "Thief", "Cyborg", and "Oo-Topos"

Hi!

I am looking for .dsk or .do files with the games "Serpentine", "Thief",
"Cyborg", and "Oo-Topos". I was on the most excellent asimov site and they
seemed to be about the only games I could not find. "Serpentine" was a maze
where you chased snakes, "Thief" was a berzerk-type arcade game, and "Cyborg"
and "Oo-Topos" were text adventures by Mike Berlyn.

Thanks in advance!

2. Euro Symbol

3. "set startup" and "startup device"

4. IrSock

5. "640k"; "good software" (was: Byte Magazine: 18 Vintage issues, 1985-1986)

6. Creative Labs worships Satin, Need to find new Soundcard.

7. "640k"; "good software" (was: Byte Magazine: 18 Vintage issues, 1985

8. ftponly cannot connect help!!!!!

9. "IIe" and "STM" question

10. Looking for a couple of ][ games: "Fix-It", "Alien Encounter"

11. "ZipGS" or "TransWarp" card

12. Apple II+ "Compaq proliant server" on eBay - ha

13. Joystick buttons: normally "open" vs "closed"?