Mac on Intel processors

Post by Mr. Underhil » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 01:37:08

they're <> their <> there

[edited text follows]
Ahh, yes my Mac friends. I found a link to some report about Apple may
be
switching to Intel sets. But the kick in the nose is that they're do the
same
junk they do with their stuff now, you can't buy hardware from anyone
but
them. They're , mostlikely, hacking the BIOS so that it will only run
with
their OS. There is a quote about the CEO saying they're thinking about
it but
Jaguar is most important at the moment. Yea well. :-/

This makes me kind of peeved but hey, if it helps Mac stay around to
mock
Windows, more power to them!

Jciber

P.S. I think the report was on www.osnews.com or something like that. I
don't know.
-----
Windows - Have you rebooted today?

Quote:> Is this just a rumor or what?

Mac on Intel processors

Post by Olaf » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:41:32

Let's do it the other way around:
 http://www.maconlinux.org/

Running MacOS 7 up to X on an AmigaOne! Yes, they are back. Emulating a Mac
on the Amiga back in the days was faster than an original Mac with similar
hardware on both systems so this could be a dream come true for people who
do not want to buy a Mac but want to run OSX on their own hardware
***AmigaOne***.

Olaf.

Mac on Intel processors

Post by Olaf » Thu, 26 Dec 2002 00:41:59

Olaf schreef:

Quote:> Let's do it the other way around:
>  http://www.maconlinux.org/

> Running MacOS 7 up to X on an AmigaOne! Yes, they are back. Emulating a Mac
> on the Amiga back in the days was faster than an original Mac with similar
> hardware on both systems so this could be a dream come true for people who
> do not want to buy a Mac but want to run OSX on their own hardware
> ***AmigaOne***.

> Olaf.

This message must hurt, where are the replies? Come on!

Olaf.

Mac on Intel processors

Post by Jc » Sun, 29 Dec 2002 18:33:27

I was thinking about something the other day. Everyone says that Mac won't
go to Intel because they make most there money off hardware. If they did go
to Intel chipsets and make it so that anyone could run Mac then wouldn't you
think there profits on the OS would go up because people couldn't complain
about the hardware.

Just a thought.

Quote:> Olaf schreef:

> > Let's do it the other way around:
> >  http://www.maconlinux.org/

> > Running MacOS 7 up to X on an AmigaOne! Yes, they are back. Emulating a
Mac
> > on the Amiga back in the days was faster than an original Mac with
similar
> > hardware on both systems so this could be a dream come true for people
who
> > do not want to buy a Mac but want to run OSX on their own hardware
> > ***AmigaOne***.

> > Olaf.

> This message must hurt, where are the replies? Come on!

> Olaf.

Mac on Intel processors

Post by Mr. Underhil » Sun, 29 Dec 2002 19:01:10

Mac is the computer, Apple is the company that makes Macs.

> I was thinking about something the other day. Everyone says that Mac won't
> go to Intel because they make most there money off hardware. If they did go
> to Intel chipsets and make it so that anyone could run Mac then wouldn't you
> think there profits on the OS would go up because people couldn't complain
> about the hardware.

> Just a thought.

>>Olaf schreef:

>>>Let's do it the other way around:
>>> http://www.maconlinux.org/

>>>Running MacOS 7 up to X on an AmigaOne! Yes, they are back. Emulating a

> Mac

>>>on the Amiga back in the days was faster than an original Mac with

> similar

>>>hardware on both systems so this could be a dream come true for people

> who

>>>do not want to buy a Mac but want to run OSX on their own hardware
>>>***AmigaOne***.

>>>Olaf.

>>This message must hurt, where are the replies? Come on!

>>Olaf.

Mac on Intel processors

Post by Jc » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 14:27:26

Yes, Apple ones the Mac OS. Where talking about what could happen if Mac
started running on Intel hardware and chips. Cool?

> Mac is the computer, Apple is the company that makes Macs.

> > I was thinking about something the other day. Everyone says that Mac
won't
> > go to Intel because they make most there money off hardware. If they did
go
> > to Intel chipsets and make it so that anyone could run Mac then wouldn't
you
> > think there profits on the OS would go up because people couldn't
complain
> > about the hardware.

> > Just a thought.

> > Mac

> > similar

> > who

> >>This message must hurt, where are the replies? Come on!

> >>Olaf.

> > -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Mac on Intel processors

Post by Mr. Underhil » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 19:12:57

> Yes, Apple ones the Mac OS. Where talking about what could happen if Mac
> started running on Intel hardware and chips. Cool?

Look at what was written above.  "Apple _ones_ the Mac OS"!?!?
"_Where_ talking about..."?!?!

Translation:

"Yes, Apple owns the Mac OS.  We're talking about what could happen if
Mac started running on Intel hardware and chips.  Cool?"

Cool? :)