Anyone here has a Caonon Powershot S50

Post by foo » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:36:51

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 22:41:14 GMT, Pascal Zembra

>Hello, just got my Powershot S50 and I'm looking at the software to
>transfer my pictures to my OSX computer. Well, apparently, only the file
>viewer utily allows that...am I right ?

>However, I still didn't find a way to transfer movies from the Camera to
>the computer. Any idea over here ?

>Thanks for your help, Pascal

Assuming you have iPhoto, just plug the camera in.

Post by Pascal Zembr » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 10:23:04

> On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 22:41:14 GMT, Pascal Zembra

>>Hello, just got my Powershot S50 and I'm looking at the software to
>>transfer my pictures to my OSX computer. Well, apparently, only the
>>file  viewer utily allows that...am I right ?   However, I still
>>didn't find a way to transfer movies from the Camera to  the computer.
>>Any idea over here ?  Thanks for your help, Pascal

> Assuming you have iPhoto, just plug the camera in.

Not that easy: iPhoto only deals with Pictures and besides is a little
bit "too user friendly" to me (creates a shit load of subfolder and
parasite files when you just want your picture files). All I wanted was
something to extract Pictures AND movies from my S50. I think I found
what I needed in Image Capture...However, I would have sooooo much loved
having just another disk mounting on the the Desktop...anybody knows why
this is no longer possible withthe new Canon cameras ???

Pascal

Anyone here has a Caonon Powershot S50

Post by foo » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 11:25:49

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 01:23:04 GMT, Pascal Zembra

>> On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 22:41:14 GMT, Pascal Zembra

>>>Hello, just got my Powershot S50 and I'm looking at the software to
>>>transfer my pictures to my OSX computer. Well, apparently, only the
>>>file  viewer utily allows that...am I right ?   However, I still
>>>didn't find a way to transfer movies from the Camera to  the computer.
>>>Any idea over here ?  Thanks for your help, Pascal

>> Assuming you have iPhoto, just plug the camera in.

>Not that easy: iPhoto only deals with Pictures and besides is a little

Agh  -  *movies*; you're right; I'm sorry.

Quote:>bit "too user friendly" to me (creates a shit load of subfolder and
>parasite files when you just want your picture files). All I wanted was
>something to extract Pictures AND movies from my S50. I think I found
>what I needed in Image Capture...However, I would have sooooo much loved
>having just another disk mounting on the the Desktop...anybody knows why
>this is no longer possible withthe new Canon cameras ???

Well, let's see - hook up a CF cardreader - that would do what you
want.

Or you could use Canon's software...