io-magic usb cdrw, mounts cd but won't burn

io-magic usb cdrw, mounts cd but won't burn

Post by Tony T » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:04:25

System 10.1.3, then 10.2, no dice, same errors.

I have an I/O Magic cdrw, usb cdrw, which is usable as a drive, mounting and
reading discs. No matter which tool I try, it fails to burn a cd.

Any ideas, I would like to use command-line utilities to backup and transfer
files.

Thanks!

io-magic usb cdrw, mounts cd but won't burn

Post by NeoLuddit » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 05:30:31

Quote:> System 10.1.3, then 10.2, no dice, same errors.

> I have an I/O Magic cdrw, usb cdrw, which is usable as a drive, mounting and
> reading discs. No matter which tool I try, it fails to burn a cd.

> Any ideas, I would like to use command-line utilities to backup and transfer
> files.

Go to this site: http://www.xlr8yourmac.com

they may have info on getting the drive to burn. You may need to buy a
third party driver like Toast from http://www.roxio.com

--

If I ever talk about switching to Windows, will someone please beat me with
a Windows for Dummies book till the urge passes?

Post by Geoffr » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 08:01:19

> System 10.1.3, then 10.2, no dice, same errors.

> I have an I/O Magic cdrw, usb cdrw, which is usable as a drive, mounting
> and reading discs. No matter which tool I try, it fails to burn a cd.

Try the drive on another computer, preferably one running OS 9.x and a
copy of Toast. If it still won't burn, then the drive's write
electronics (or even the write laser in the pick-up) has failed.

Geoffrey

(remove EXCESS BAGGAGE to reply via mail)
--
WARNING: mail to this address will be auto-bounced if:
(a) more than 10% original content appears before first quoted matter,

io-magic usb cdrw, mounts cd but won't burn

Post by Todd » Fri, 29 Nov 2002 01:20:11

If you haven't already, you might try a slower burn speed

> System 10.1.3, then 10.2, no dice, same errors.

> I have an I/O Magic cdrw, usb cdrw, which is usable as a drive, mounting and
> reading discs. No matter which tool I try, it fails to burn a cd.

> Any ideas, I would like to use command-line utilities to backup and transfer
> files.

> Thanks!

1. USB Predator CDRW does not play audio cd's on G3 w/OS9.1

Hello,

I'm using  predator CDRW through a USB port configured with a OrangeLink
USB/Firewire PCI card connected into a 300Mhz PowerPC G3.  I'm running OS
9.1 w/512Meg RAM.  Everything works fine except for the fact that the CDRW
will not play audio CD's.

Any suggestions ?

thanks,
Pete S

2. Sound Problems After Installing a New Modem

3. CD won't burn

4. How might I...

5. What kinda weird CD won't mount on a Mac??

6. dynamic markov coding

7. Help! CDs won't mount

8. fs Sinclair Computers

9. CD from PC won't mount in 9.2.1.

10. freebie CD-ROM won't mount

11. SCSI CDRW MP3 Noise on Burned CD

12. CD-ROM player won't read Data CD's

13. Parent's macintosh won't print/ has usb problems