Powermac goes to sleep when cell phone rings ...

Powermac goes to sleep when cell phone rings ...

Post by flood del » Mon, 19 Aug 2002 01:23:20

I have a dual G4 1 GHZ (OSX), with an apple 15" LCD and an iiyama 15"
LCD connected and Apple Pro speakers. I noticed that the computer goes
asleep when my cell phone is ringing close to the computer AND there
is music coming out of the speakers (!). BTW, in the energy settings
panel, I specified that the computer should never go into sleep mode.

Anybody have similar experiences? Solutions?

F.D.

Powermac goes to sleep when cell phone rings ...

Post by NeoLuddit » Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:51:58

Quote:> I have a dual G4 1 GHZ (OSX), with an apple 15" LCD and an iiyama 15"
> LCD connected and Apple Pro speakers. I noticed that the computer goes
> asleep when my cell phone is ringing close to the computer AND there
> is music coming out of the speakers (!). BTW, in the energy settings
> panel, I specified that the computer should never go into sleep mode.

> Anybody have similar experiences? Solutions?

Can't help you with that but I've had the opposite problem. My cell
phone (Qualcom 2760) switches to analog when it's near my Mac G3.

--

Blue & White G3/400MHz MacOS 9.1, Starmax 3000/200MHz MacOS 8.6

Post by Spar » Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:37:27

> I have a dual G4 1 GHZ (OSX), with an apple 15" LCD and an iiyama 15"
> LCD connected and Apple Pro speakers. I noticed that the computer goes
> asleep when my cell phone is ringing close to the computer AND there
> is music coming out of the speakers (!). BTW, in the energy settings
> panel, I specified that the computer should never go into sleep mode.

> Anybody have similar experiences? Solutions?

> F.D.

There USED to be a problem with the touch button on the monitors where
certain radio frequencies would make them think they were touched.
There was a story where a single CB radio could turn on a lab of Macs.

So, there's a fix.  I THINK it's the command and shift keys, but you
hold down a pair of keys while opening the Monitors contol panel (or
Displays preferences) and you can turn off the button on the monitor and
use just the computer from then on.

Or just move the cell phone.

1. Using A cell phone and the IIgs

Hi,
       This would be a blending of old and new. I have not seen no posting
     about this. Not using a cell phone myself, so I do not know if there
     are any options. Is there anyway to use a cell phone to call BBS using
     modem on the IIgs. My son's cell phone has free L/D on the weekends.
     This way I would be able to call out of state (free) with the IIgs. I
     have the modem, and IIgs, but have never seen any hardware that would
     connect the cell phone to the modem. I beleive there may be 2 or more
     types of cell phones, but I am not sure, if this has any bearing.
       Take Care,
             George from Michigan

2. Visual C++ Loading EXE into XMS or EMS

3. how to connect Qualcomm QCP-860 cell phone to my Mac laptop??

4. awe 64 vs. roland scd-15

5. Help! PB and cell phone connections

6. Newbie help with smbclient

7. The Cordless phone rings....

8. Routing question

9. Change Apple Phone's # of rings?

10. PB140 doesn't go to sleep when plugged in

11. Disk going to sleep to often

12. Monitor won't go to sleep