Help download problem

Post by Carla Uytterhaeg » Mon, 15 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
It is impossible to open downloaded files (as e.i. FinderPop 1.6.4)
downloaded from different websites,on different days and many times,
because of an error -39 (-39   eofErr  End of file; no additional data
in the format) What can be the reason and how to cure? I already
reinstalled Netscape 4.03 but the problem is still there.
Thanks for your answer,
Yours sincerely
Carl

ATTENTION:remove second a in carla before replying.Thank you

Help download problem

Post by Kevin Clar » Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:00:00

If you are getting a -39 error, then the program is hosed and you need to
either reinstall of doawnload that program again.

>Hi,
>It is impossible to open downloaded files (as e.i. FinderPop 1.6.4)
>downloaded from different websites,on different days and many times,
>because of an error -39 (-39   eofErr  End of file; no additional data
>in the format) What can be the reason and how to cure? I already
>reinstalled Netscape 4.03 but the problem is still there.
>Thanks for your answer,
>Yours sincerely
>Carl

>ATTENTION:remove second a in carla before replying.Thank you

1. HELP download problem

Hi,
I have a very ennoying problem: by opening downloaded files from
different websites (e.i. versiontracker, puremac, kagi)or my computer
freeze or I have a mention : error -39 (-39   eofErr  End of file; no
additional data in the format) I have already replaced Netscape 4.03 by
Netscape Communicator and I have stuffit expander 4.5. The only download
I succeed was an imagefile from Apple (disk Aid 8.2). What can be the
problem? Please try to help me: the problem is still there since the end
of May.

ATTENTION:remove second a in carla before replying.Thank you

2. Critical error handlers

3. problem w/downloading apple II images...HELP!!

4. FA: LCD / TFT Touchscreen PC Ideal for HA.

5. Downloading Problem: Help!!

6. FS: Omnibook 300

7. Apple website downloading problems

8. PCT and Telix: Problem downloading from GENIE

9. Downloading Shrinkit (Problems)

10. Solved HCGS download problems, disregard previous post.

11. Some recent download problems

12. downloading problems