Mac IIcx -> Mac IIci ???

Post by David Till » Sun, 17 Mar 1991 02:42:15

Is there an (and if so what is the) upgrade path from the
Mac IIcx to the Mac IIci?

dave

1. Will a Mac IIci cache card work in a Mac IIcx?

  jm>
  jm> The IIcx does not have a PDS slot, so the cache card which plugs into
  jm> this slot isn't of any use to your IIcx. It is really only meant for a
  jm> IIcx or possibly any other Mac that has a PDS slot (PDS - Processor
  jm> Direct Slot) built-in.
  jm>
  jm> Usually you will need an adaptor of some sort to convert it for other
  jm> Macs like the ones that DayStar Digital has. You did not mention the
  jm> brand or the type of cache card you have so I cannot give you a
  jm> definite answer.

If the cx doesn't have a PDS then what is that 4th slot?

I though Daystar's PowerCache only fitted in a PDS slot, and since one is
offered for the cx, where does it fit?

hmm, just after a couple of answers.

Alex

--- MacWoof Eval:12Nov92
 * Origin: "You'll see why 1984, won't be, like 1984" (3:800/828.51)

2. Want You receive money ? ... read this

3. Bad news?

4. FS: APPLE>>>MAC>>>PC STUFF!

5. Converting Word 97<->EPOC Word

6. FS: Apple>>>Mac>>>PC Stuff :-)

7. Mac IIci Wait states (was Re: Mac IIci benchmarks)

8. All my Mac IIci/IIcx machines are crashing!

9. Mac IIcx to IIci upgrade

10. Mac IIcx/IIci - What's the difference???

11. WANTED: IIcx -> IIci upgrade