NT network drive personality disorder

Post by Joseph O'Bri » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 05:45:55

Our NT server has a few drives that are set up with Services for
Macintosh so that the OS 9 machines can access them through Appletalk.
 This has been working just fine for the last 4 years or so.

However, one of the network drive's icons has seemingly
"spontaneously" changed.  Rather than the nicely shaded grey drive
with the Windows flag in color, it's merely a black and white line
drawing of the same thing.  This literally happened overnight.  We
came in one morning, and that's the way it was on every computer in
the office.  I don't think I made any changes to anything on the
server.

I haven't noticed any negative effects, so I am not too worried about
it, but obviously something has changed.  Can anyone help with this
mystery?

Thanks,
joseph

1. networking with NT

I have taken on a project where I need to connect Mac's + PC's for e-mail,
internet access, Shared folders/volumes through an NT Network.  I know the
PC side but have neve used a Mac before.  What Hardware/Software should I
use does all the software I need for networking come with the Mac OS?
Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Kieran Kennedy

2. Need hints for MacTCP completion routine problems

3. Slow network from NT server and Macintosh

4. Reading IDL save file

5. Anti Virus Software for Mac and PC on a Windows NT network

6. IPX converttion with catapult MSP

7. Mac os 9.0 on NT network

8. Do i need to reinstall my computrace tracking agent?

9. Mac/NT Network

10. LaserWriter NT <-> PC Network ?

11. Strong Personalities

12. Strong personalities

13. 2 Alternative Party -- Event for computers with personality