New G5's!

Post by Mr. Underhil » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 04:51:03

http://www.apple.com/powermac/

New G5's!

Post by Graeme D Warre » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:07:20

Quote:> http://www.veryComputer.com/

Someone's e*d! Have to agree though, 8Gb of memory sounds fairly fast
for checking my email1 ;) Finally a Mac with optical output - now why can't
they just make a Mac with an extra external drive bay so you can actually
upgrade the damn thing!

In other news, Safari is finally out, and there is heaps of info on 10.3 -
just a pity we are going to have to pay for it again.

Graeme

New G5's!

Post by Repeating Decima » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:19:49

>> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Someone's e*d! Have to agree though, 8Gb of memory sounds fairly fast
> for checking my email1 ;) Finally a Mac with optical output - now why can't
> they just make a Mac with an extra external drive bay so you can actually
> upgrade the damn thing!

> In other news, Safari is finally out, and there is heaps of info on 10.3 -
> just a pity we are going to have to pay for it again.

> Graeme

An I just bought a G4!

Bill

New G5's!

Post by Chri » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:15:40

> >> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > Someone's e*d! Have to agree though, 8Gb of memory sounds fairly fast
> > for checking my email1 ;) Finally a Mac with optical output - now why can't
> > they just make a Mac with an extra external drive bay so you can actually
> > upgrade the damn thing!

> > In other news, Safari is finally out, and there is heaps of info on 10.3 -
> > just a pity we are going to have to pay for it again.

> > Graeme

> An I just bought a G4!

> Bill

Dang, the one I want is almost $13,000.  Loaded of course with two 23
inch displays.  Better start saving up!

New G5's!

Post by John Sipl » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:24:01

> >> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > Someone's e*d! Have to agree though, 8Gb of memory sounds fairly fast
> > for checking my email1 ;) Finally a Mac with optical output - now why can't
> > they just make a Mac with an extra external drive bay so you can actually
> > upgrade the damn thing!

> > In other news, Safari is finally out, and there is heaps of info on 10.3 -
> > just a pity we are going to have to pay for it again.

> > Graeme

> An I just bought a G4!

> Bill

Me too, a 733 Quicksilver. I surf the back end of the technology curve.

New G5's!

Post by Graeme D Warre » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:19:15

>>> Someone's e*d! Have to agree though, 8Gb of memory sounds fairly fast
>>> for checking my email1 ;) Finally a Mac with optical output - now why can't
>>> they just make a Mac with an extra external drive bay so you can actually
>>> upgrade the damn thing!

>>> In other news, Safari is finally out, and there is heaps of info on 10.3 -
>>> just a pity we are going to have to pay for it again.

>>> Graeme

>> An I just bought a G4!

>> Bill

> Me too, a 733 Quicksilver. I surf the back end of the technology curve.

[Graeme chuckles into his iBook - although now almost a year since he bought
it, it differs from the current model only in hard disk size and being
100MHz slower]

:)

New G5's!

Post by Mr Dewson » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:34:15

> > > Someone's e*d! Have to agree though, 8Gb of memory sounds fairly fast
> > > for checking my email1 ;) Finally a Mac with optical output - now why
> > > can't
> > > they just make a Mac with an extra external drive bay so you can actually
> > > upgrade the damn thing!

> > > In other news, Safari is finally out, and there is heaps of info on 10.3
> > > -
> > > just a pity we are going to have to pay for it again.

> > > Graeme

> > An I just bought a G4!

> > Bill

> Me too, a 733 Quicksilver. I surf the back end of the technology curve.

I had a Centris 650 back when they were the fastest machines around.
Then we went to an iMac 333 when they were the newest, brand spanking
things of the day. And now it looks like I'm moving to a G4 tower,
possibly a week or so before they become outdated.

Looks like I'll be surfing the back end for a while yet!

--
Department of Planning and Infrastructure W. Aus. website:
"Paying riders and passengers using a three or four-wheeled bicycle do not

New G5's!

Post by D & » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:17:01

http://www.haxial.com/spls-soapbox/apple-powermac-G5/

Quote:> http://www.apple.com/powermac/

New G5's!

Post by nojun » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:52:21

> http://www.haxial.com/spls-soapbox/apple-powermac-G5/

> > http://www.apple.com/powermac/

Unfortunately, the guy that runs the haxial site seems to be much more
interested in posting spelling flames instead of admitting that he may
have possibly been wrong on several issues, like hyperthreading:

http://www.dell.com/us/en/esg/topics/power_ps3q02-khalid.htm

See also the story at The Register for more information about how the
tests were actually tweaked to make the Dell systems perform better, not
worse:

Mike    KD7PVT
NAR #70953 - Sr/HPR Level-1 ~ SeaNAR - The Seattle NAR Section #568
NO Junk Email, please! Real email to: amphoto [at] blarg [dot] net.
<Vegetables aren't food; vegetables are what the food eats!>

1. Any chance we'll see G5 iMacs?

Probably not for a while. I think we'll just see faster and faster G4s.
I read something about the theoretical maximum speed the G4
architecture, but, of course, I can't remember where I read it or what
the speed was.

--

Bill Gates couldn't innovate his way out of a paper bag.

2. Irregular behavour of tooltips

3. Commercial spreadsheets for SunOS?

4. Lot's of 'NEW EXCLUSIVE' A2/GS Freewares!

5. USRobotics. I find new firmware for V34

6. 'new' 660AV floppy disk won't format

7. Performance of Different Sun Models

8. Power Macintosh G5

9. The mythical G5

10. G4/G5 - X = 9.2 ?

11. G5 CPU? MACEXPO NY?

12. ApplePC's v2.05's New Bug And How To Get Around It.