need help with some mpgs

Post by DrDoo » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:45:47

Hey can anybody help me. I downloaded an mpg and want to make a video
cd. However when I choose the video cd option in toast i get a dialogue
box that says-"cannot be used to create a video cd.please use the video
cd option in your mpg encoder/multiplexer"
What's that all about. Any help would be appreciatted. please give me

Thanks,
Jeff

need help with some mpgs

Post by Mr Dewson » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:52:02

> Hey can anybody help me. I downloaded an mpg and want to make a video
> cd. However when I choose the video cd option in toast i get a dialogue
> box that says-"cannot be used to create a video cd.please use the video
> cd option in your mpg encoder/multiplexer"
> What's that all about. Any help would be appreciatted. please give me

> Thanks,
> Jeff

It sounds to me like the MPEGs are not in VCD resolution (640x480 for
NTSC, 720x576 for PAL and SECAM) or the correct framerate (29.7 for
NTSC, 25 for PAL and SECAM). Unless you have the correct utility for
increasing the size and frame rate of MPEGs, there's no way to get
around this.

Or, possibly, the person who made the MPEG did not multiplex it. I've
never created VCDs and generally don't work in MPEG so I have no idea
what this is, except that Toast requires that your MPEGs be multiplexed
and that the Mac version does not do this for you.

--
Department of Planning and Infrastructure W. Aus. website:
"Paying riders and passengers using a three or four-wheeled bicycle do not

1. Making a .mov to a .mpg

How do I make a movie to am mpg,

a 12 meg movie file

I have a G3 w/ a early version of Adobe Premiere 4.2.1
if thats of any use.

just would like to convert, plus I guess
most viewer will be on PCs
so would like to lighten
it up a bit too

Thanks

Kevin

--
remove the REMOVE from address to reply directly  please

http://www.ampcast.com/search/band.php?id=11151

http://www.mp3.com/kevin_duggan

2. mysqlgui crash caused by infinite loop

3. Need a manual; need help copying disk

4. DHCP Configuration

5. Help please need help with applewin

6. WinOnCD and Mac Boot CD

7. HELP Need Help H E L L L L P pP P P P

8. OSR 5.0.2 and bind 4.9.7-T1B on 2 IP

9. HARD DISK HELP NEEDED !!!!! HELP !!!!!

10. Need Serious HD Recovery Help PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

11. idiot needs help running shrinkit on //e [help!]

12. need modem help for apple II & III (please help!)

13. Help: Old Expert (me) needs SCSI/Syquest help!