Any good tutorials on installing ram?

Post by buskerd » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:49:11

I have a beige G3 and just got some extra ram. Any good tuitorials
floating around the web on how to do it? Just want to make sure I get
it right. Thanks.

Any good tutorials on installing ram?

Post by cheekypau » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:25:35

Use the Apple Website. Knowledge base.

On 21/6/03 04:49, in article

Post by Chey » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:24:59

> Use the Apple Website. Knowledge base.

> On 21/6/03 04:49, in article

>> I have a beige G3 and just got some extra ram. Any good tuitorials
>> floating around the web on how to do it? Just want to make sure I get
>> it right. Thanks.

I recently got my own PowerMac. I have to say the flip down case makes
it very easy to install memory, but I don't know if there are
substantial changes from the G3 and G4. Just get the right memory for
your system bus and it is simply install them. If you have never
installed memory before then you should check out the Apple site for
info. Maybe do a google search for illustration for easier understanding.

Any good tutorials on installing ram?

Post by buskerd » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:13:47

Quote:> I recently got my own PowerMac. I have to say the flip down case makes
> it very easy to install memory, but I don't know if there are
> substantial changes from the G3 and G4. Just get the right memory for
> your system bus and it is simply install them. If you have never
> installed memory before then you should check out the Apple site for
> info. Maybe do a google search for illustration for easier understanding.

Thanks. Yeah, the old beige G3 is a totally different design. It's old
fashioned compared to yours.

I'll keep searching. If anyone has a link that would be helpful. The
APple site is useful but I have yet to find detailed instructions for
what I need.

Post by Phil Lefebvr » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:02:09

> I have a beige G3 and just got some extra ram. Any good tuitorials
> floating around the web on how to do it? Just want to make sure I get
> it right. Thanks.

I don't recall any for RAM because the Beige G3 is pretty trivially easy
to open and upgrade. The Apple site should have the PDFs of the user
guide in the support section. It will have clear instructions.

Otherwise xlr8yourmac.com has a lot of tutorials on upgrading Macs, so
look there. It may not discuss RAM specifically, but it may show how to
open the case, exposing the RAM slots. There are 3 of them, clearly
marked SDRAM under each one. Line up the RAM notches with the slot
notches, press hard and your done.

--
Chicago, IL
Remove "GO" to reply.

Any good tutorials on installing ram?

Post by Georg » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:33:36

I have a biege G3 and installing ram is easy as long as you have the
CORRECT chips.  I also dropped a G4 upgrade into it and it works fine.
Just open the case and the ram slots are easy to find if you still have
the manual.  Make sure you push them in all the way.  There is freeware
out there that can test to make sure your ram is not defective.