change document size to 11x17

Post by Moniqu » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 00:31:28

How do I change the document size fron 8.5"x11" to
11"x17"?

change document size to 11x17

Post by Beth Rosengar » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 01:41:54

Hi Monique,

I have a feeling you can't do this unless your printer is large enough to
accommodate a page that size.  If you go to File>Page Setup>Page
Attributes>Custom Page Sizes, and try to create a Custom Page Size for 11 x
17, you won't be allowed to.  It will default back to 8.5 x 14, which is the
largest size paper the average printer can handle.

--
Beth Rosengard
Mac MVP

Post by Jan Marte » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 01:12:47

> How do I change the document size fron 8.5"x11" to
> 11"x17"?

File -> Page setup and click on the sideways image "landscape"

1. How to change font size for whole document and maintain relative sizes?

Dear Word Moguls:

I've searched for the answer to this question all over with no luck.

(This is for  Word '97 on Windows NT 4.0 on a pentium)

I have many documents that consist of 3 to 4 sizes of the same font.
How do I change the whole document so that all the text is 1 or 2 sizes
smaller (or larger)?

The doc I'm looking at now has font sizes of 20, 12, and 10.  How can I
just subtract 2 and get sizes of 18, 10, and 8, respectively?  I
understand that I can go through the document piece by piece and select
and change one by one, but, there's gotta be a better way.  Right?

I tried modifying the font size setting for  the style but that only
changed all the font for the main text but not the headings.

Thank you for any ideas on this.

2. Sum column in a form

3. Trying to setup 11x17 newsletter tri-fold but don't have 11x17 pri

4. Help with year to date calculations

5. choosing 11x17 as paper size

6. Formatting cells with many decimal points

7. 11x17 page size in Word

8. Mailing function in Access

9. What constant to use for setting paper size to 11x17?

10. Enveloppe size report changes to letter size when changing printers.

11. Printing an 11x17 document

12. 11x17 documents

13. Creating 11x17 document