forms

Post by kjarad » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 00:09:41

does anyone know how to calculate the amount of checks on
a form, in Word?

forms

Post by Graham Mayo » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 00:19:58

You'll need to be a bit more specific. Are we talking about the number of
boxes checked from a total? Are we talking checks as in the American
spelling of cheques? What *exactly* are you trying to do.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<>
 Graham Mayor

Quote:> does anyone know how to calculate the amount of checks on
> a form, in Word?

1. Modal Form: Form Load, Form Open, Form Activate events do not Fire

I wish for a user to clik on a text box (or hit the enter key on the text
bok) and have a modal, dialog form open up that contains a listbox control.
The user will select from the listbox, hit an OK button and return to the
main form or Hit a cancel button and return to the main form.

Everything works fine except that whenever I open the dialog form
containing the listbox I want the listbox to be in an unselected state. The
first time I open the dialog form this is the state, but every subsequent
time the dialog form is opened the initial state of the listbox is selected
with the choice made from the previous selection.

Within the dialog form I have tried to code various events that would
guarnatee that the listbox on the modal form is in an unselected state, all
to no avail. Here is the code for the mainform text box that calls the modal
form.

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmListCategory", , , , , acDialog   open as dialog
    If SysCmd(acSysCmdGetObjectState, acForm, "frmListCategory") Then
        'Form is still open
        Me.txtCategoryName = Forms!frmListCategory!lstCategory.Column(1)
        Me.txtCategoryId = Forms!frmListCategory!lstCategory.Column(0)
        DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmListCategory", acSaveNo   I have set
option for no save, but form retains settings
    End If

Note that I have closed the modal form with the DoCmd.Close actions.
Nonetheless the next time the form is called, neither the Load, Open,
Activate, or Get Focus events seems to be called. I have tried coding in all
these events

Here is the code for the Modal form.

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Me.lstCategory.SetFocus
    Me.lstCategory.Selected(0) = True
    Me.lstCategory.Selected(0) = False
End Sub

Private Sub cmdCancel_Click()
    DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.FormName, acSaveNo
End Sub

Private Sub cmdOk_Click()
    If IsNull(lstCategory) Then
        MsgBox "Please select a value, or hit Cancel to Quit"
    Else
        Me.Visible = False
    End If
End Sub

What event can be guaranteed to fire whenever a Modal firm is opened.

Thanks,
Daniel

2. ***** VERY IMPORTANT !! Converting Acc 95 to Acc 97 could strongly reduce performance *****

3. Opening form 2 from form 1 - what form/event to close form 1

4. Outlook 98 attachment problem

5. detect form opening by tabular form or datasheet form

6. Blocked Sender list, Export/Import

7. Form can be opened from multiple forms, needs to get value from different forms

8. Sum of Time for a User

9. Moving from form to form and maintaining info in original form

10. appear or add more form inside form , or inserting more textfield inside form

11. A form with headers like a report (continuous forms within continuous forms?)

12. main form to sub form to another sub form

13. Having Check boxes on one form Generate sub-forms on another form