Change page numbers

Post by Judy » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:58:44

I have a 20 page document with page numbers added.  Now I want to make
some changes....page 18 should be page 3....page 2 should be 13...page 5
should be 1...what is the easiest way to do this?  Any help would be
greatly appreicated.  Thx

Change page numbers

Post by Suzanne S. Barnhil » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:44:34

Move the content so that the pages are numbered sequentially, that is, put
the page 5 content on page 5. But if what you're doing is trying to create a
booklet, see http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/BookletPrinting.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft Word MVP

Quote:> I have a 20 page document with page numbers added.  Now I want to make
> some changes....page 18 should be page 3....page 2 should be 13...page 5
> should be 1...what is the easiest way to do this?  Any help would be
> greatly appreicated.  Thx

Change page numbers

Post by John McGhi » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 19:26:44

Judy:

Suzanne is assuming you want to leave the text in the order it is now and
change the page numbers.  If that's correct, ignore my answer.

However, if you actually want to change the order in which the text prints:

Go to View/Outline and just drag the headings into the order you want.
Ignore the page numbering, Word will fix them up as you work.

Outline view relies on the fact that you have used the built-in Heading
styles for your headings.  If you haven't, it won't work.  It would be
quicker to change the styles than try to live without them.

Hope this helps

--
Please post replies to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP -- Word
Consultant Technical Writer

+61 4 1209 1410; Sydney, Australia: GMT + 10 hrs

Change page numbers

Post by Suzanne S. Barnhil » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 23:12:54

No, I was assuming he wanted to change the page numbers assigned to specific
pages; my feeling was that the easiest way to do this was to change the
order of the text and let the page numbers take care of themselves. Your way
of doing that is much easier than mine, however!

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft Word MVP

> Judy:

> Suzanne is assuming you want to leave the text in the order it is now and
> change the page numbers.  If that's correct, ignore my answer.

> However, if you actually want to change the order in which the text
prints:

> Go to View/Outline and just drag the headings into the order you want.
> Ignore the page numbering, Word will fix them up as you work.

> Outline view relies on the fact that you have used the built-in Heading
> styles for your headings.  If you haven't, it won't work.  It would be
> quicker to change the styles than try to live without them.

> Hope this helps

> > I have a 20 page document with page numbers added.  Now I want to make
> > some changes....page 18 should be page 3....page 2 should be 13...page 5
> > should be 1...what is the easiest way to do this?  Any help would be
> > greatly appreicated.  Thx

> --
> Please post replies to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.

> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP -- Word
> Consultant Technical Writer

> +61 4 1209 1410; Sydney, Australia: GMT + 10 hrs

Change page numbers

Post by Lynda Foste » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 23:52:50

I would think the easiest way would be to cut and past the pages within the
document to the position where you want them - i.e., cut page 18 and past it
in page 3 postiion, cut page 2 and paste it in page 13 position, etc.  That
will work if the page you are replacing is to just move up a number, I
think.

SB Law

Quote:> I have a 20 page document with page numbers added.  Now I want to make
> some changes....page 18 should be page 3....page 2 should be 13...page 5
> should be 1...what is the easiest way to do this?  Any help would be
> greatly appreicated.  Thx

Change page numbers

Post by Dave Rad » Mon, 26 Mar 2001 23:50:12

That would be the easiest way in PageMaker. In Word, I'd strongly recommend
John's suggestion.

Regards

Dave

| I would think the easiest way would be to cut and past the pages within
the
| document to the position where you want them - i.e., cut page 18 and past
it
| in page 3 postiion, cut page 2 and paste it in page 13 position, etc.
That
| will work if the page you are replacing is to just move up a number, I
| think.
|
| SB Law

| > I have a 20 page document with page numbers added.  Now I want to make
| > some changes....page 18 should be page 3....page 2 should be 13...page 5
| > should be 1...what is the easiest way to do this?  Any help would be
| > greatly appreicated.  Thx

1. Changing Page Number

Hi everybody,

I'm kind of new with VBA + Excel
I wrote this code to generate random numbers and place them into the first
35 range of cells then I print 2 copies per page (10 pages total)
This code works, however all the pages are printing with the label "Page 1"
How can I change the Page label of Excell PrinOut to be incrementing by one?

Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
  Dim x As Integer
  Dim y As Integer
  Dim SheetName As String      ' Sheet Name
  Dim cx As String

    SheetName = CStr(x)

    For y = 1 To 10
        Range("A2:A35").Select
        Selection.ClearContents
        For x = 2 To 35
            Randomize   ' Initialize random-number generator.
            cx = Int((90000000 * Rnd) + 10000000)
            Range("A" & x) = cx
        Next
        ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=2
    Next

   End
End Sub

Thank you in advance,

Marco A. Daz
Programmer / Analyst

2. Different font in listbox

3. change page numbers

4. Default value to = previouse entry

5. Changing Page Numbers

6. Dynamic Link Library error

7. Change page numbers

8. Query refuses to use index

9. Changing page number at run time

10. new print range for changed page numbers

11. need to change page numbers

12. changing page numbers

13. Publisher 2002 - changing page numbers in booklets