Palm III very quick battery drain

Post by Bill Hopkinso » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 01:55:41

My palm III developed a problem area in that the upper part of the screen
would not respond to the stylus, then a couple of weeks ago the batteries
began to drain within a couple of hours of changing them, resulting in a
total data loss. What's more when I replace the batteries The digitizer
seems caught in an endless loop and I have to do a soft reset in order to
regain any function at all, albeit for two or three hours only.

Any ideas?

Bill Hopkinson

Palm III very quick battery drain

Post by Aaro » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 07:07:08

Hi there Bill,

This problem is probably due to something applying pressure to the edge of
the digitizing pad, look closely around the edge of the screen for a grain
of sand under the lip of the case, it also could be that the case its self
is applying pressure to the screen try and loosen the top screws a little.
Hmm loosing the screws is not recommened is its still under warrenty !!

Hope this helps

Aaron.

--
------------------------

Quote:> My palm III developed a problem area in that the upper part of the screen
> would not respond to the stylus, then a couple of weeks ago the batteries
> began to drain within a couple of hours of changing them, resulting in a
> total data loss. What's more when I replace the batteries The digitizer
> seems caught in an endless loop and I have to do a soft reset in order to
> regain any function at all, albeit for two or three hours only.

> Any ideas?

> Bill Hopkinson

1. Quick battery drain with Visor??

Hi guys,
    Anyone noticed that the Visor's battery level drops quickly?? Is it just
the crappy batteries that come with it, or can I expect the same when I buy
good alkaline batteries?  I've only had mine for 2.5 weeks, & the battery
level is already down to 55% (with minimal daily usage!)  When should I
actually change the batteries?  I use LauncherIII, so it actually tells me
the exact perentage of battery power left.  Thanks.

P.S. -- please reply directly by e-mail if possible.  Thanks again.

Al Proulx
UWO Medicine
London  ON
Canada

2. 4/260 CG9 color board?

3. Palm IIIe 24hr Battery Drain - Tech Asst Requested

4. printer

5. Palm Pilot IIIx battery draining problem

6. C=3640 040 25Mz Board - $250

7. visor deluxe battery drain

8. Mortgage setup

9. IR Draining Battery

10. FlashPlus Adapter battery drain

11. Handspring Visor Delux abnormal battery drain with Stowaway keyboard

12. Backlight battery drain

13. Noticable Battery Drain In Visor Platinum During Hotsynch