Mac & Pilot

Post by K. David Mei » Tue, 01 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Is there anyone who has had a hard time HotSyncing a Pilot with a Mac?
If so, any tips would be appreciated.  USR Tech support had no idea how
to solve my problem.

Thanks,

David

Mac & Pilot

Post by Bob Be » Tue, 01 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I just got my mac kit and it works with no problem. I think you have to
use the modem port or go into chooser and turn off appletalk. Next check
your hotsynch control panel and make sure that hot synch is "on". regards
Bob

> Is there anyone who has had a hard time HotSyncing a Pilot with a Mac?
> If so, any tips would be appreciated.  USR Tech support had no idea how
> to solve my problem.

> Thanks,

> David

Mac & Pilot

Post by Julian Y. K » Tue, 01 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>Is there anyone who has had a hard time HotSyncing a Pilot with a Mac?
>If so, any tips would be appreciated.  USR Tech support had no idea how
>to solve my problem.

What exactly is your problem?  Well, to be precise, what are the symptoms?  :)

Julian Yip-Khoon Koh      |     Network Analyst       |"I liked your house
Northwestern University   |Telecommunications and     | and Wisconsin."-J.P.
Tech BME BS96             |           Network Services|---------------------

WWW Home Page: <http://www.veryComputer.com/;       |                -Worf
PGP Public Key: <http://c*te.acns.nwu.edu/julian/pgppubkey.html>

Mac & Pilot

Post by Isaac Balb » Wed, 02 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there anyone who has had a hard time HotSyncing a Pilot with a Mac?
>If so, any tips would be appreciated.  USR Tech support had no idea how
>to solve my problem.
>Thanks,

I had a bit of a hard time with a Mac II SI running 7.5.5

When I updated to 20Mb RAM, and turned off Appletalk and FileSharing
(I wouldn't use VM or Ram Doubler either)
and ensured that HotSync was the *first* application I ran, then
things ran okay. Sometimes it still fails, but I just re-sync immediately
again, and it usually works. You really want to minimise any disc access/
CPU work outside of Hotsync.

I have no problems with my LC575, although my now stolen powerbook 180
originally hot synced okay and later I had problems but didn't pursue it.

1. Mac & Pilot HotSync

HELP!

I have a PalmPilot Profesional (PP). that I am trying to HotSync with my
Mac with no luck.  I have a Quadra 630 with 20 physical MB RAM (doubled
to 40 MB with RAM doubler) using MacOS 7.5.5.

I can not HotSync (HS).  I have tried changing ports (printer/modem),
reinstalling the software, using it with all extensions off (pressing shift
on start-up) and changing the speed to 9600.

When I turn on HS monitor and press the HS button on the cradle, the icon
comes up on the PP saying "Connecting with the Desktop."  After hanging
for about 30 sec., the PP beeps then says: "The connection between your
PalmPilot and the Desktop could not be established.  Please check your
set-up and try again."  During this time, nothing has happended on the Mac.

Another 30 seconds or so later, the Mac displays the "HotSync Progress"
dialog box.  Under "Status:" it says: "Connecting with Pilot" then says
"Identifying User" then does nothing for another 15-20 seconds.  The
"User:" line never gets filled-in. Then "Status:" says: "A fatal error has
occurred" and then the whole dialog box disapears.

FYI, during installation of the software, it asks what user name.  The
default, highlighted, is "KDM's Macintosh".  I change it to "David."  When
the above takes place, a folder is created in the PP Desktop 1.0 folder
called "David" with nothing in it.  A file called "users.dat" is also created.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks!

David Meit
(410) 535-1889 work
(410) 451-5811 home

2. Selview all after set fill tog does not compute

3. Pilot & Mac 6400- Help!

4. DECUS L&T Public Domain Tools Survey

5. Pilot & Mac Connectivity

6. Firecracker or CM11A

7. PILOT/ Mac & Modem

8. The Continuing Education Of Fred Swirbul Chapter 1

9. Pilot & Mac 6100/DOS

10. USR Pilot & MAC (R.I.P.)

11. Pilot/Mac: Mac version of QMate released

12. Pilot & Windows NT4 and Desktop 2 & Hotsync 2 problems

13. palm515 & bluetooth card hotsync with Mac OSX problems