Outlook vs Pocket Outlook

Post by Ina Bechhoefe » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I am contemplating the purchase of Jornada 690.  Which features of the
Outlook 2000 are not supported by the Pocket version of Outlook 2000?

I will have to convert from ECCO to Outlook 2000, which I regret, so I have
been examining the features of Outlook 2000 that I can convert. Now I need
to know if these features will be available on the Jornada.

Ina

Outlook vs Pocket Outlook

Post by Michael Gerbasi » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I use OL98 so I don't have specifics on what is new with OL2K.  ActiveSync 3
works great.  I plug in my Jornada 430 and everything syncs automatically.

Contacts:
You get all contact fields.  No contact management (OL Journal).  I believe
it only supports the standard folders (I don't have custom folders so I
can't tell you).  No custom forms and I haven't found a way to use user
defined fields although I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking.

Tasks:
Seems Pocket OL supports all fields and everything else except custom forms
or folders.

Calender:
All fields, recurring appointments seem ok.  Custom folders/views/forms are
not supported.

Email:
I have trouble working with multiple email accounts.  Messages aren't copied
to my PC when I retrieve them with my Jornada.  It does seem to support
multiple folders but I haven't played with this much.

If you have specific questions, I'd be happy to help.  Overall, I'm very
happy with the Jornada/Outlook sync.

Regards-Michael G.

Quote:> I am contemplating the purchase of Jornada 690.  Which features of the
> Outlook 2000 are not supported by the Pocket version of Outlook 2000?

> I will have to convert from ECCO to Outlook 2000, which I regret, so I
have
> been examining the features of Outlook 2000 that I can convert. Now I need
> to know if these features will be available on the Jornada.

> Ina

Outlook vs Pocket Outlook

Post by Jeff Grossma » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> I am contemplating the purchase of Jornada 690.  Which features of the
> Outlook 2000 are not supported by the Pocket version of Outlook 2000?

> I will have to convert from ECCO to Outlook 2000, which I regret, so I
> have
> been examining the features of Outlook 2000 that I can convert. Now I
> need
> to know if these features will be available on the Jornada.

> Ina

Pocket Outlook is a very skinned down version.  What features do you
require?  That might be a better way of handling this.

Jeff

--

Outlook vs Pocket Outlook

Post by Ukifah Hee » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I'm using a 690, and can tell you that the Journal and Notes don't sync,
although Notes will sync with third-party software. One thing I've found
that doesn't sync on the 690 is the percent completion for tasks. Not a big
deal, but it would be nice.

I'm sure there's more that doesn't sync, but it seems that most everything
does, especially in the address book, which is the most important thing for
me.

Quote:> I am contemplating the purchase of Jornada 690.  Which features of the
> Outlook 2000 are not supported by the Pocket version of Outlook 2000?

> I will have to convert from ECCO to Outlook 2000, which I regret, so I
have
> been examining the features of Outlook 2000 that I can convert. Now I need
> to know if these features will be available on the Jornada.

> Ina

Outlook vs Pocket Outlook

Post by Jeff Grossma » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> I'm using a 690, and can tell you that the Journal and Notes don't sync,
> although Notes will sync with third-party software. One thing I've found
> that doesn't sync on the 690 is the percent completion for tasks. Not a
> big
> deal, but it would be nice.

Yes, I agree.  I would also like to have the percent complete in tasks
sync between both versions of Outlook.

Jeff

--

1. Outlook Vs Outlook Express

I had been using Outlook Express with DataViz mail and Cli Mail and it had
been working alright. However I have now switched to Outlook as my default
mail client (In order to use SpamNet). However I now find that it does not
check for new mail while syncing and I have to grant CliMail access to the
address book each time I sync so I can't just start the sync and forget
about it. Is there any way that I can fix this?

2. If you do bulk mailing you can use this unit!

3. Outlook Notes do not sync to Pocket Outlook?

4. OEM HELP!!!!

5. Pocket Outlook and Contact activity linking in Outlook 2000

6. filenames

7. Sync Outlook and Outlook Express?

8. synchronize outlook express 5 and outlook 97?

9. Outlook Express to Outlook

10. Best Outlook sync program for Outlook 98

11. Palm III getting both Outlook and Outlook Express mail