HP 200lx with an ethernet card?

Post by Eric W. Si » Thu, 14 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Anybody know how I can use my PCMCIA ethernet card with my 200lx?
Intuitively, it seems that if the right driver existed, I ought to be
able to use normal packet drivers or even a DOS TCP/IP stack on this
little machine!

Post by Frank Bull [GEMIN » Fri, 15 Mar 1996 04:00:00

|> Anybody know how I can use my PCMCIA ethernet card with my 200lx?
|> Intuitively, it seems that if the right driver existed, I ought to be
|> able to use normal packet drivers or even a DOS TCP/IP stack on this
|> little machine!

It appears from messages here and on Compu$erve that the only PCMCIA ethernet
card that will work in the 100/200 LX series is the Silicom card. It is low
enough in power consumption and comes with a special driver for the HPs. But,
it seems to only come in 10 Base T.

--

Gemini 8 Meter Telescopes Project       |CompuServe 75270,1166
PO Box 26732 Tucson, Arizona 85726-6732

Post by Richard A. Smit » Tue, 19 Mar 1996 04:00:00

> Anybody know how I can use my PCMCIA ethernet card with my 200lx?
> Intuitively, it seems that if the right driver existed, I ought to be
> able to use normal packet drivers or even a DOS TCP/IP stack on this
> little machine!

Eric,
I tried it one time with a Megahertz EthernetModem combo card.  It
loaded LSL.COM just fine, but it totally and completely locked up on the
card driver.  I lost all of my data on C: and it was basically useless
until I got home and got it restored.  I might try it again some day if
I get gutsy, but I don't recommend it.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to have a wireless LAN card in the 200lx
so you can just hop on the network and get stuff done anywhere in the
facility?  Just dreaming...

Richard Smith

HP 200lx with an ethernet card?

Post by Rob Pa » Mon, 25 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quoting from my first edition of the Palmtop Paper...

Ethernet adapter fromSilicom Connectivity Solutions 800-474-5426
designed for palmtop power situations and supporting packet drivers...

--rob

1. HP 200LX and Socket Ethernet card

Hi,
has anybody out there managed to get the Socket Low Power Ethernet card
working with an HP200LX palmtop?
If so, which Dos enabler was used and with what parameters?

I have seen various references to this combination working but I have had no
luck.

I know the Socket Card is OK as it works in a laptop. Likewise, I know the
Palmtop is Ok as I can use it with the Silicom ethernet card.

Incidentally there are several references to the Silicom Ethernet card not
working in an HP200lx fitted with a double speed crystal. It does, the
Silicom Packet Driver will actually work in 8 bit mode in a double speed
machine.  The Silicom ODI and NDIS drivers will not function but using the
PDETHER MLID in conjunction with the Packet Driver will allow the palmtop to
be used as a Netware client.
The Socket LP-E card has half the power consumption of the Silicom unit so I
would appreciate any help in getting it working.

2. Wanted: sdecode for Degas pictures

3. Megahertz PC Card Ethernet Adapter w/200LX?

4. * * * Clock5 v1.80 Released (Freeware) * * *

5. Networking with 200LX and Ethernet card

6. Psion 5 & PsiWin 2.1 - following OS/2's dead end path??

7. 3com Ethernet card on 200LX

8. Problems with Warp (Red) IAK and Netcom

9. 200lx and Damark $35 ibm home and away modem/ethernet card?

10. Ethernet and HP 200LX with Accton EN2216-1 and LXTCP

11. PC Ethernet cards and HP Palmtops?

12. HP 320LX, WinCE 2.0 and Ethernet PC card

13. HP 200LX Ethernet