Newton & GSM PCMCIA modem card

Post by Nigel Balla » Wed, 06 Dec 1995 04:00:00

On Tue, 05 Dec 1995 09:09:21 +0100, Thorsten Wedderien

>Help!

>I'm trying to use a PCMCIA modem card for the GSM (mobile phone) net
>with the Newton. The card is developed by Dr. Neuhaus, Germany and is
>known as the "Gipsy Card". I'm using a MessagePad 120 with OS 1.3-D.

Evening Thorsten

You really need proper GSM enabler drivers.  Nokia has a very good set
written specifically for the MP120.  I've actually seem them in the
UKCOMMS library on CompuServe, but have yet to encounter them on an
Internet site.  Some phone delaers will attempt to sell you these
drivers.

I spent a good amount of time using an MP120 with both the Nokia 2110
(GSM) &  the Nokia 2140(PCS)  via the Nokia DataCard and it worked a
charm.

Cheers Nigel

Nigel Ballard (UK) The Paperless Office

VoiceMail: +44-(0)941-105937
WebPage: http://www.pobox.com/~pelham123

1. Problems with GSM PCMCIA modem card

Help!

I'm trying to use a PCMCIA modem card for the GSM (mobile phone) net
with the Newton. The card is developed by Dr. Neuhaus, Germany and is
known as the "Gipsy Card". I'm using a MessagePad 120 with OS 1.3-D.
I tried the ModemEnabler 1.0 and the ModemMod package V1.12 from David
M. Pompea. After these efforts, the modem starts dialing with a GSM
handy (Siemens S3), but a few seconds later it disconnects the line
with
the message "no answer". Maybe it's a problem of dialing, but I don't
know how to change the dialing command (or prefix).

Is there anyone out in the world, who had the same problem or knows how
to get this modem work? Maybe it'll work with the new OS 2.0...?

Thorsten Wedderien
GMD-FOKUS
Berlin, Germany

2. Browsing across subnets sort-of wokring

3. FS: 2 PCMCIA: 10 MB FLASH Card & 14.4 Megahrz Modem Card

4. Could not add web reference !!!!!!

5. 450 USD for a HP320LX + GSM-PCMCIA Modem + Acessories

6. Very Hot Position For : .Net Developer; Immediate Intrerview

7. Any GSM PCMCIA card ?

8. Control a Windows 98 SE with a Palm 5 PDA

9. Sharp PC-3000 PCMCIA card tests with Apple Newton 1mb card

10. Experiences with GSM 'modems' (PCMCIA)

11. Psion 56K Modem GSM & ISDN

12. modem & GSM

13. Looking for Accton or Silicom pcmcia network cards, Acustic Coupler, pcmcia flash modem.