Libretto???

Post by Brad Davi » Tue, 13 May 1997 04:00:00

Is this the new ultra small Toshiba unit I have heard about?  Can anyone
give me specifics, including price and where to get one.  Thanks.

Brad Davis

Libretto???

Post by David Chie » Wed, 14 May 1997 04:00:00

> Is this the new ultra small Toshiba unit I have heard about?  Can anyone
> give me specifics, including price and where to get one.  Thanks.

  The Toshiba Libretto is their line of video-tape cassette-sized, 100%
PC-compatible palmtops.

  To be released for the US market later this summer, already out in
Japan and Hong Kong.

  Check out these pages for links and info:
  http://www.cerfnet.com/~adorable/libretto.html (my page)
  http://www.waysoft.com/

  Current, average pricing is as follows:
  Libretto 20 - 486/75Mhz - $620 US
  Libretto 30 - 486/100Mhz- $1000US
  Libretto 50 - P75 - $1100-$1500US

  If you'd like to buy one, there are quite a few places that carry
them.  In the US, there's TZone's first store in California (link on my
page).  They're prices are often higher than imported.

  More links to vendors are on the pages listed.

  david =)

Libretto???

Post by mik.. » Wed, 14 May 1997 04:00:00

:   Libretto 20 - 486/75Mhz - $620 US

I'd snap this up in a minute.  Do you know where I can get a price like
this?

:   Libretto 30 - 486/100Mhz- $1000US
:   Libretto 50 - P75 - $1100-$1500US

:   If you'd like to buy one, there are quite a few places that carry
: them.  In the US, there's TZone's first store in California (link on my
: page).  They're prices are often higher than imported.

:   More links to vendors are on the pages listed.

:   david =)

Libretto???

Post by Mike » Wed, 14 May 1997 04:00:00

One of the best pages for finding info on the Libretto is the Waysoft page,
located at:
http://www.waysoft.com/pdainfo/pdalibre.shtml

Incidentally, I can thoroughly recommend Japan Palmtop Direct, who I bought
my Libretto from. Their prices aren't great, but their service certainly
is, and many other aspects persuaded me, not least the fact that they offer
a UK number.

 -Mike

> Is this the new ultra small Toshiba unit I have heard about?  Can anyone
> give me specifics, including price and where to get one.  Thanks.

> Brad Davis

Libretto???

Post by David Chie » Thu, 15 May 1997 04:00:00

> :   Libretto 20 - 486/75Mhz - $620 US
> I'd snap this up in a minute.  Do you know where I can get a price like
> this?

  You can find links on my page
(http://www.cerfnet.com/~adorable/libretto.html)

  The price is from VT-Zone Overseas Ordering site
(http://vtzone.ado.co.jp/home.htm)

  Supply is, again, very limited because Toshiba doesn't manufacture the
Libretto 20 or 30 models now.

  david =)

  And way better than a WinCE palmtop, too!