where do I get pocket Quicken for CE?

Post by Bruce Brow » Wed, 22 Oct 1997 04:00:00

There isn't a Pocket Quicken for CE. Intuit hasn't announced their
intentions to support the CE platform; nor has Microsoft Money. My contacts
at both places tell me that both are concentrating of high-end financial
management packages and don't want to commit resources to the low-end
checkbook stuff. However, you can get Pocket Finance from LandWare
http://www.landware.com -- it is Quicken/MS Money compatible and is the
commercial version of Personal ATM
http://users.aol.com/anyware/wce/patm/default.html

Bruce Brown
AnyWare Consulting

Post by Morga » Wed, 22 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Is pocket Quicken the same as Quicken for CE?

where do I get pocket Quicken for CE?

Post by Doug Ho » Thu, 23 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> There isn't a Pocket Quicken for CE. Intuit hasn't announced their
> intentions to support the CE platform; nor has Microsoft Money. My

contacts

I thought the Velo 1 came with Pocket Quicken?

Post by Alasdair Mans » Fri, 24 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>There isn't a Pocket Quicken for CE. Intuit hasn't announced their
>intentions to support the CE platform;

There will, however, be a version of Pocket Quicken for the Psion
Series 5 as stated in the Series 5 launch material:

        http://www.psion.com/news/s5launch.html

best regards

Alasdair Manson
A Psion Software employee in a personal capacity

where do I get pocket Quicken for CE?

Post by EWJ- » Fri, 31 Oct 1997 04:00:00

To get Quicken CE. Please give Intuit about 1.5 million dollars for
development costs and I am sure they will deliver one to you.

Post by Bruce Brow » Sat, 01 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Or spend 39.95 with LandWare http://www.landware.com and get Pocket Finance.

>To get Quicken CE. Please give Intuit about 1.5 million dollars for
>development costs and I am sure they will deliver one to you.

where do I get pocket Quicken for CE?

Post by Scott Huffm » Mon, 03 Nov 1997 04:00:00

How about some feedback from those of you who have used Pocket
Finance. Does it allow true synchronization between the HPC and
desktop or do you still have to import/export and then transfer .qif
files? I found this to be a "kludgy" solution when I used the earlier
Personal ATM (from which this version of Personal Finance is derived)
since it involves exporting several accounts (i.e., cash, checking,
credit card) individually to separate .qif files, transferring each
file to the HPC, and then importing each account individually once
transferred back to the desktop.

Also, how does Pocket Finance handle transfers between accounts (since
I routinely use a cash, a checking and several credit card accounts,
being able to handle transfers between accounts "seamlessly" is key)?

>Or spend 39.95 with LandWare http://www.landware.com and get Pocket Finance.

>>To get Quicken CE. Please give Intuit about 1.5 million dollars for
>>development costs and I am sure they will deliver one to you.

Scott Huffman

University of Chicago GSB

where do I get pocket Quicken for CE?

Post by AnyWa » Thu, 06 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Currently, we are waiting for Microsoft to release WinCE 2.0 so that we
can complete the internationalization of the product (date and currency).
Due to NDA restrictions we can't discuss when this will happen.

After that minor release, a major release is planned. It should include
split transactions (I want them too). Unfortunately, until Microsoft and
Intuit make the internals of their databases available or provide a
programatic way of adding/updating them, synchronization will remain via
the "klunky" QIF method. However, batching QIF imports and exports may be added.

Bruce Brown
AnyWare Consulting
http://users.aol.com/anyware/wce

where do I get pocket Quicken for CE?

Post by Dan » Thu, 06 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Thanks for the update.  the last time I looked at the product it
wasn't enough for me.  Hopefully in the future it will.

danh

Quote:>Currently, we are waiting for Microsoft to release WinCE 2.0 so that we
>can complete the internationalization of the product (date and currency).
>Due to NDA restrictions we can't discuss when this will happen.

>After that minor release, a major release is planned. It should include
>split transactions (I want them too). Unfortunately, until Microsoft and
>Intuit make the internals of their databases available or provide a
>programatic way of adding/updating them, synchronization will remain via
>the "klunky" QIF method. However, batching QIF imports and exports may be added.

>Bruce Brown
>AnyWare Consulting
>http://users.aol.com/anyware/wce

1. Sync problem between Pocket Quicken CE and Quicken 2000

Is anyone using Pocket Quicken CE to sync with Quicken 2000?   I have
both set up, but on my CE device, PQ shows only the balance (in one
line) for each account, and not the transactions which I had expected.

It seems that PQ cannot import .QIF files, which could have solved the
problem.  It also does not have any options when sync'ing with Quicken
2000 on the desktop.

If anyone has the solution, please post it here so we can all learn.
TIA.

2. Help with Money/tracking split payments?

3. Pocket or DOS Quicken?

4. Hit counters for IIS

5. Pocket Quicken and Quicken 5.0. Was: Anyone using pocket quicken with windows quicken?

6. Traps & hangs installing SS1.5 with FP14

7. Quicken 5.0 vs. Pocket Quicken vs. Bookman

8. FS: type 4 Country kits $35, and more!

9. Pocket Quicken <-> Quicken for Win 5.0

10. Pocket Quicken <-> Desktop Quicken

11. POCKET QUICKEN USERS DONT BUY QUICKEN 5 !!!

12. HP - Pocket Quicken to Desk Quicken

13. which desktop Quicken compatible with HP Pocket Quicken?