How to I synchronize my palmV with Outlook Express 5 mail?

How to I synchronize my palmV with Outlook Express 5 mail?

Post by LawrenceTrace » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Each time I attempt to synchronize it dies unless I 'do nothing' with the
mail synchronize.
Palm tells me to set Outlook Express to MAPI but I cannot find that in OE5
so I guess they are talking about an older version.
Has anybody had this problem before, better still has anybody solved this
problem already?
If you have could you mail me with the solution

Many Thanks
___________________________________
Lawrence S Tracey

Post by Joe Weine » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Each time I attempt to synchronize it dies unless I 'do nothing' with the
> mail synchronize.
> Palm tells me to set Outlook Express to MAPI but I cannot find that in
OE5
> so I guess they are talking about an older version.
> Has anybody had this problem before, better still has anybody solved this
> problem already?
> If you have could you mail me with the solution

> Many Thanks

How to I synchronize my palmV with Outlook Express 5 mail?

Post by Joe Weine » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I found there is a hotsync problem if there is HTML formatted email in
your Outlook express inbox.   No HTML formatted email, no problem.

> Each time I attempt to synchronize it dies unless I 'do nothing' with the
> mail synchronize.
> Palm tells me to set Outlook Express to MAPI but I cannot find that in
OE5
> so I guess they are talking about an older version.
> Has anybody had this problem before, better still has anybody solved this
> problem already?
> If you have could you mail me with the solution

> Many Thanks

How to I synchronize my palmV with Outlook Express 5 mail?

Post by Angel Mass » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Each time I attempt to synchronize it dies unless I 'do nothing' with the
> mail synchronize.
> Palm tells me to set Outlook Express to MAPI but I cannot find that in OE5
> so I guess they are talking about an older version.
> Has anybody had this problem before, better still has anybody solved this
> problem already?
> If you have could you mail me with the solution

I've just buyed a Palm V yesterday and I have exactly the same problem. I
would be glad to find a fix for this.

Regards,

Angel.

How to I synchronize my palmV with Outlook Express 5 mail?

Post by Jeremy Web » Mon, 10 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi. I have a similar problem after "upgrading" from IE4 to 5. According to
an amercian palm forum it is something to do with "tunneling" which gets
upset with IE5. It was fixed on later versions on IE5 (2314 onwards) but I
have not found aversion that works!

Attached is the message I found on the newsgroup.

E-mail if you have any probs.

Jeremy.

Jeremy Webb
13 Electra Place
Edinburgh EH15 1UF
Tel/Fax: 0131 669 4418

Visit: www.outnet.freeserve.co.uk - for people who work in the outdoors.

How to I synchronize my palmV with Outlook Express 5 mail?

Post by Hair » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi. I have a similar problem after "upgrading" from IE4 to 5. According to
> an amercian palm forum it is something to do with "tunneling" which gets
> upset with IE5. It was fixed on later versions on IE5 (2314 onwards) but I
> have not found aversion that works!

I had that problem, so I went to microsoft.com, and on to Windows Update,
which promptly bunged me a new copy of Outlook Express that worked fine with
the Palm.

--
Simon Forrester

Post by Alexander Trompk » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi. I have a similar problem after "upgrading" from IE4 to 5. According to
> an amercian palm forum it is something to do with "tunneling" which gets
> upset with IE5. It was fixed on later versions on IE5 (2314 onwards) but I
> have not found aversion that works!

> Attached is the message I found on the newsgroup.

> E-mail if you have any probs.

> Jeremy.

> Jeremy Webb
> 13 Electra Place
> Edinburgh EH15 1UF
> Tel/Fax: 0131 669 4418

Choose "Outlook 97" in Mail-Setup as your Mail-Client and the Conduit is
using Outlook Express. But dont install the real outlook 97

Alex

1. synchronize outlook express 5 and outlook 97?

I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just bought a Palm V and I use outlook express 5 as my normal mail server.
My problem is that I don't want to setup my Palm on my computer without
first somehow synchronizing outlook express with outlook 97 which I have but
have never used.  Can I synchronize these two programs to update my address
book.  I am stuck and need help!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
David

2. Publish to aol ~~ Hit Counter

3. Synchronizing M130 with Outlook/Outlook Express

4. pre-POSIX fbackup disk sets

5. Palm III getting both Outlook and Outlook Express mail

6. WebMasters, do you want to be a reseller of Cool Find?

7. Outlook Express 6 synchronizing with Jornada 720

8. Synchronize Palm Addressbook with Outlook Express

9. synchronize outlook express addresses

10. Synchronizing with Outlook Express

11. Synchronizing Outlook Express 5 with Palm Pilot e-mail

12. Mail synchronizing with outlook 98?