POSE question for Sony Clie

POSE question for Sony Clie

Post by blj8 » Wed, 08 May 2002 14:08:05



I downloaded compiled and installed the Unix version of POSE (the
Palm OS Emulator) from palmos.com, and used pi-getrom from the pilot-link
utilities to snarf my Clie PEG-S300's ROM.

Only problem is, POSE will not run that ROM. I also tried using the
"ROM Transfer.prc" from POSE to get the ROM that way. And when I finally
looked in the docs (yea, I know... :-), it directly said that Sony
devices were NOT supported.

But since I don't give up so easy, I want to know if there is *any* way
to get POSE to run my Clie's ROM - A different emulator (if there is
one), a patch to POSE, anything...

--
-=Brian=-

Spammers, peddle not unto this dragon's inbox,
for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

 
 
 

POSE question for Sony Clie

Post by Mike Edward » Wed, 08 May 2002 17:25:21


If you join the Sony developer program they have links on their page to an
emulator suitable for the Sony ROMs. I can't say if it's any different to
the 'standard' POSE or if it's just a newer version.

Mike
www.trafcam.com


> I downloaded compiled and installed the Unix version of POSE (the
> Palm OS Emulator) from palmos.com, and used pi-getrom from the pilot-link
> utilities to snarf my Clie PEG-S300's ROM.

> Only problem is, POSE will not run that ROM. I also tried using the
> "ROM Transfer.prc" from POSE to get the ROM that way. And when I finally
> looked in the docs (yea, I know... :-), it directly said that Sony
> devices were NOT supported.

> But since I don't give up so easy, I want to know if there is *any* way
> to get POSE to run my Clie's ROM - A different emulator (if there is
> one), a patch to POSE, anything...

> --
> -=Brian=-

> Spammers, peddle not unto this dragon's inbox,
> for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup!


 
 
 

POSE question for Sony Clie

Post by Eric Taylo » Sun, 02 Jun 2002 02:15:13


I too need to get some roms. I joined the developer program, but cannot
figure out how to access the roms. I keep getting into a circle that
comes back to the login page. The nearest I got was when I clicked
the rom images under the seeding program section on the pavilion page.

Then I get to an agreement page, click that and get an error. I submitted it
via email to palm, with no response.

Any ideas?

thanks
eric


> If you join the Sony developer program they have links on their page to an
> emulator suitable for the Sony ROMs. I can't say if it's any different to
> the 'standard' POSE or if it's just a newer version.

> Mike
> www.trafcam.com



> > I downloaded compiled and installed the Unix version of POSE (the
> > Palm OS Emulator) from palmos.com, and used pi-getrom from the pilot-link
> > utilities to snarf my Clie PEG-S300's ROM.

> > Only problem is, POSE will not run that ROM. I also tried using the
> > "ROM Transfer.prc" from POSE to get the ROM that way. And when I finally
> > looked in the docs (yea, I know... :-), it directly said that Sony
> > devices were NOT supported.

> > But since I don't give up so easy, I want to know if there is *any* way
> > to get POSE to run my Clie's ROM - A different emulator (if there is
> > one), a patch to POSE, anything...

> > --
> > -=Brian=-

> > Spammers, peddle not unto this dragon's inbox,
> > for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

 
 
 

POSE question for Sony Clie

Post by Dave Gjessin » Sun, 02 Jun 2002 06:53:07




Quote:>I too need to get some roms. I joined the developer program, but cannot
>figure out how to access the roms. I keep getting into a circle that
>comes back to the login page. The nearest I got was when I clicked
>the rom images under the seeding program section on the pavilion page.

>Then I get to an agreement page, click that and get an error. I submitted it
>via email to palm, with no response.

I'm having the exact same problem. Just round & round in circles, back
to the login page.

__
Dave Gjessing
WaverlyStreet Software - http://www.waverlystreet.com
Practical programs for home and office!
WaverlyStreet Design - http://www.ws-design.com
Interior Planning & Design Consultation