Gadgeteer Reviews the FlightSuit and Devian DVP9 Pilot Cases

Gadgeteer Reviews the FlightSuit and Devian DVP9 Pilot Cases

Post by Julie Strietelmei » Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Read my reviews of the FlightSuit and Devian DVP9 Pilot cases
at: http://www.the-gadgeteer.com

Gadgeteer Reviews the FlightSuit and Devian DVP9 Pilot Cases

Post by J. Carte » Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:00:00

---
   Once again, thanks for taking the time to put on another review!  I only
have one observation: after reading that review, I don't know what a
flightsuit *is* anymore!  Check out the review at
http://www.pilot.org/pghqcases.htm and you'll see what I mean-- they
reviewed a "FlightSuit" by Pilotgear H.Q. that has both a gold-colored snap
and *no* velcro.
   So if Ms. Strietelmeier and the folks at pilot.org both ordered
"flightsuits" and got totally different products, as seems to be the case,
what is a flightsuit?
   Anyone have any ideas?

 J. Carter

 (remove ".ALPHA" to reply)

>Read my reviews of the FlightSuit and Devian DVP9 Pilot cases
>at: http://www.the-gadgeteer.com

Gadgeteer Reviews the FlightSuit and Devian DVP9 Pilot Cases

Post by Julie Strietelmei » Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:00:00

You're right, they both look different. All I can say is that PilotGear
sent me their line of cases to review and this one had a piece of paper in
the card slot that said "FlightSuit" on it. :-)

Julie

>    Once again, thanks for taking the time to put on another review!  I only
> have one observation: after reading that review, I don't know what a
> flightsuit *is* anymore!  Check out the review at
> http://www.pilot.org/pghqcases.htm and you'll see what I mean-- they
> reviewed a "FlightSuit" by Pilotgear H.Q. that has both a gold-colored snap
> and *no* velcro.
>    So if Ms. Strietelmeier and the folks at pilot.org both ordered
> "flightsuits" and got totally different products, as seems to be the case,
> what is a flightsuit?
>    Anyone have any ideas?

>  J. Carter

>  (remove ".ALPHA" to reply)

> >Read my reviews of the FlightSuit and Devian DVP9 Pilot cases
> >at: http://www.the-gadgeteer.com

Gadgeteer Reviews the FlightSuit and Devian DVP9 Pilot Cases

Post by Neil » Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Although similar, this doesn't look like my flightsuit, which I
purchased the week they were released.
Differences:
1) my snap is gold
2) my case snap is located on the back of the pilot, not the front like
yours
3) my built-in card holder opens on the opposite side.
4) mine doesn't use velcro.  The pilot slides into the case from the
inside-side.  From your picture, it looks like yours slides in from the
top.

I have tried my case on a friends p3, and it would work.
Maybe they changed the design?  I also got the intro price of $18.  I am
very happy with mine.  It does everything I want and my quality seems to
differ from yours.

> Read my reviews of the FlightSuit and Devian DVP9 Pilot cases
> at: http://www.the-gadgeteer.com

Gadgeteer Reviews the FlightSuit and Devian DVP9 Pilot Cases

Post by PilotGear H. » Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:00:00

As I am not at the office I am not sure which case Julie reviewed though it
is not the FlightSuit.. I will check tomorrow, contact her and send the
correct one.. Thanks to all for the corrections!

--

Regards,

Kenny West
PilotGear H.Q.
"The Headquarters for PalmPilot & Palm III Software, Accessories & News!"
www.pilotgear.com

>Although similar, this doesn't look like my flightsuit, which I
>purchased the week they were released.
>Differences:
>1) my snap is gold
>2) my case snap is located on the back of the pilot, not the front like
>yours
>3) my built-in card holder opens on the opposite side.
>4) mine doesn't use velcro.  The pilot slides into the case from the
>inside-side.  From your picture, it looks like yours slides in from the
>top.

>I have tried my case on a friends p3, and it would work.
>Maybe they changed the design?  I also got the intro price of $18.  I am
>very happy with mine.  It does everything I want and my quality seems to
>differ from yours.

>> Read my reviews of the FlightSuit and Devian DVP9 Pilot cases
>> at: http://www.the-gadgeteer.com

Gadgeteer Reviews the FlightSuit and Devian DVP9 Pilot Cases

Post by Julie Strietelmei » Tue, 30 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi Kenny,
This case that you sent me had a hand written note in it that said FlightSuit.

Quote:> As I am not at the office I am not sure which case Julie reviewed though it