Outlook Express 6 synchronizing with Jornada 720

Outlook Express 6 synchronizing with Jornada 720

Post by CieniasTheKin » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 20:10:34

there is no way I can synchronize my jornada with Outlook 6 ... is there
anyone who can tell how to do it pls
i do not like outlook 2000 look and feel ... i like "refurbished" Outlook
Express 98 which is Outlook Express 6
do I need any additional software ???

pls help

monika

Outlook Express 6 synchronizing with Jornada 720

Post by Chris Tilley - c e 3 2 » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 22:00:00

Outlook Express is significantly different from its big brother counter
part.
Firstly there have been 3 major versions of Outlook Express, 4, 5 and 6.
Each shipping with their respective Internet Explorer version.

Outlook Express does not have calendaring, task management and an as
sophisticated Contact management system as its counterpart does, so even if
you could sync it to a H/PC, its use would be severely limiting.

Outlook 2002 (XP) brushes up some what nicer visually than its predecessors.
However, don't expect miracles. There is still a considerable amount of
unnecessary screen usage, features that can be hidden in Outlook Express,
such as the Folders Bar.
Outlook XP is compatible with ActiveSync 3.5 and H/PC 2000.

Chris
c e 3 2 0

Quote:> there is no way I can synchronize my jornada with Outlook 6 ... is there

Post by Scott Seligma » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 01:07:46

>there is no way I can synchronize my jornada with Outlook 6 ... is there
>anyone who can tell how to do it pls
>i do not like outlook 2000 look and feel ... i like "refurbished" Outlook
>Express 98 which is Outlook Express 6
>do I need any additional software ???

You can sync the contacts and inbox of Outlook Express with a PocketPC
device using this application:

http://www.syncdata.it/

[Note: I don't know how well it works as I've never used it]

--
Scott Seligman

1. synchronize outlook express 5 and outlook 97?

I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just bought a Palm V and I use outlook express 5 as my normal mail server.
My problem is that I don't want to setup my Palm on my computer without
first somehow synchronizing outlook express with outlook 97 which I have but
have never used.  Can I synchronize these two programs to update my address
book.  I am stuck and need help!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
David

2. HP 660se makes black streaks. HELP!

3. Synchronizing M130 with Outlook/Outlook Express

4. Refusing messages from specific addresses

5. Which is good HP Jornada 548 or Jornada 720?

6. Why is my single mouse click option grayed out?

7. Synchronize Palm Addressbook with Outlook Express

8. problem during install vpn client

9. How to I synchronize my palmV with Outlook Express 5 mail?

10. synchronize outlook express addresses

11. Synchronizing with Outlook Express

12. Synchronizing Outlook Express 5 with Palm Pilot e-mail