Windows CE and Windows 3.1 Compatibility

Windows CE and Windows 3.1 Compatibility

Post by PStgeor » Mon, 26 May 1997 04:00:00

I would be very anxious to own a Velo 1, HP 320, or Casiopea (sp) with
Windows CE, but at the same time I prefer to stay with Windows 3.1 on my
PC. Just personal preference. Question:  are the 2 operating systems
compatible?  I suspect not - and if that's true, are there any software
add-ons that would force compatibility without coverting my PC to Win95?
/// Phil

Windows CE and Windows 3.1 Compatibility

Post by Mike Rau » Mon, 26 May 1997 04:00:00

What is Windows 3.1? Is it a new operating system?

At the present time, the desktop explorer for Windows CE only runs
under WIN32. No Windows 95/NT no interface to HPC.

But, you could can still use an HPC without the desktop...

Quote:>I would be very anxious to own a Velo 1, HP 320, or Casiopea (sp) with
>Windows CE, but at the same time I prefer to stay with Windows 3.1 on my
>PC. Just personal preference. Question:  are the 2 operating systems
>compatible?  I suspect not - and if that's true, are there any software
>add-ons that would force compatibility without coverting my PC to Win95?
>/// Phil

1. Windows CE, Windows 3.1, MS Works 3.0 compatibility

Hello All,

I have three computers, one at work (my own, not company owned), one
at home and one for the road (ThinkPad 360c). They are not powerful
enough to run Win 95. I can't afford the $6000 + it would take to
upgrade all three. Compatibility is very important to me, so......

My question is: "Are any of the new Windows CE palmtops (Casio,
Philips, NEC or Compaq) compatible with Windows 3.1 and Microsoft
Works 3.0? Also what about the compatibility of Psion and Sharp with
Win 3.1 & MS Works?"

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sincerely,

James H. Sterling (Jim), Field Manager

Postal: Moody Dunbar, Inc., P.O. Box 68, Limestone, TN 37681 USA
   UPS: 3202 Highway 107, Chuckey, TN 37641
  Tel: Voice: 423-257-2131 Fax: 423-257-3649 Wats: 800-251-8202

2. Good but affordable issue tracking system for UNIX?

3. Synching/Uploading Windows CE <-> Windows 3.1/DOS ???

4. SOS.....incoming call detection and playing wave file...

5. Window CE--sync with Windows 3.1?

6. Header files in C++

7. Desktop Printing

8. Win CE and Windows 3.1??????