!! Careful removing m505 From Cradle !!! look what happened to my m505

!! Careful removing m505 From Cradle !!! look what happened to my m505

Post by anthony45 » Tue, 19 Jun 2001 00:03:24

------
http://www.kaizenbiz.com/pub/m505_connectors.jpg
------
Above is a picture link of what had happened to my m505 connectors
coz i broke the connector lock (lock or power joint?). and i couldnt
get it to sit on the cradle properly,,it would tilt on the side now..
-------
as u can see on the left its still straight and on the right its bent. i
tried straightening it by poking it with my swiss army knife toothpick and
it worked but when i synced and took it out of the cradle it was bent again.
so i figured i should insert something on the middle of the vacant area with
plastic from a tube of toothpaste (was the only thing i can think of =) too
keep it from bending back again.
------
i think its ok now..i still have to examin it .im concerned that the plastic
cutouts that i inserted will block other peripherals for the palm like
palmpix..
-------
i have one question tho...what are the 2 white metal locks on the cradle? is
it for the AC adaptor or just locks?
------
If there is a more technical guy that can suggest a good solution, please
tell me.
------

!! Careful removing m505 From Cradle !!! look what happened to my m505

Post by Jeff Woert » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 05:29:10

I think your Caps Lock is having intermittent problems, too......

Quote:> ------
> http://www.kaizenbiz.com/pub/m505_connectors.jpg
> ------
> Above is a picture link of what had happened to my m505 connectors
> coz i broke the connector lock (lock or power joint?). and i couldnt
> get it to sit on the cradle properly,,it would tilt on the side now..
> -------
> as u can see on the left its still straight and on the right its bent. i
> tried straightening it by poking it with my swiss army knife toothpick and
> it worked but when i synced and took it out of the cradle it was bent
again.
> so i figured i should insert something on the middle of the vacant area
with
> plastic from a tube of toothpaste (was the only thing i can think of =)
too
> keep it from bending back again.
> ------
> i think its ok now..i still have to examin it .im concerned that the
plastic
> cutouts that i inserted will block other peripherals for the palm like
> palmpix..
> -------
> i have one question tho...what are the 2 white metal locks on the cradle?
is
> it for the AC adaptor or just locks?
> ------
> If there is a more technical guy that can suggest a good solution, please
> tell me.
> ------

!! Careful removing m505 From Cradle !!! look what happened to my m505

Post by Ross » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:31:06

Greetings!

Here is the latest info from the Palm Handheld world:

=======================================

Michael Jordan Palm Announced
http://news.pdalive.com/newsitem.asp?NewsID=554

=======================================
Compaq iPaq Q2 Sales to Top Palm's - Survey
http://news.pdalive.com/newsitem.asp?NewsID=553

=======================================
Think Outside Announces Availability of the Stowaway Portable Keyboard for
the Sony CLIE Handheld
http://news.pdalive.com/newsitem.asp?NewsID=555

=======================================

*REVIEW* Samsung PDA Phone
http://www2.pdabuzz.com/Reviews/Detailed/Kyocera_QCP-6035.html

=======================================

Sony makes gains with Memory Stick
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-6282230.html

=======================================

We will be officially starting in next week!

So sign up now to get all the palm news daily at www.palmdailynews.com

If you have news or reviews you would like to let others know about, please

We welcome all submissions, and will try our best to include them!

-Palm Daily News Staff

Post by Info » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 21:28:29

Greetings!

Here is the latest info from the Palm Handheld world:

=======================================

Michael Jordan Palm Announced
http://news.pdalive.com/newsitem.asp?NewsID=554

=======================================
Compaq iPaq Q2 Sales to Top Palm's - Survey says
http://news.pdalive.com/newsitem.asp?NewsID=553

=======================================
Think Outside Announces Availability of the Stowaway Portable Keyboard for
the Sony CLIE Handheld
http://news.pdalive.com/newsitem.asp?NewsID=555

=======================================

*REVIEW* Kyocera PDA Phone
http://www2.pdabuzz.com/Reviews/Detailed/Kyocera_QCP-6035.html

=======================================

Sony makes gains with Memory Stick
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-6282230.html

=======================================

We will be officially starting next week!

So sign up now to get all the palm news daily at www.palmdailynews.com

If you have news or reviews you would like to let others know about, please

We welcome all submissions, and will try our best to include them!

-Palm Daily News Staff

1. Palm Support replaces my defective Palm m505 with another defective Palm m505

Hi all,

I wish to share my recent experience with m505 owners out here.

I purchased my Palm m505 (Assembled in USA) on July 2001, which had been
working fine for me till a week ago when I noticed the SD slot doesn't
retain Palm 16MB SD Card. I called up Palm Technical Support of Singapore
the next day morning and they told me it was a hardware failure and they
were going to replace my defective unit with a new one. The same day (five
hours later), they arranged the courier service to pick up the Palm.

Four days later, I received the new unit via courier. It was 'Assembled in
Hungary' instead of 'Assembled in USA'. I thought it didn't matter initially
until I switched on the backlight and noticed a pinkish hue instead of the
white screen of my earlier unit. This has made differentiation between white
and pink colour difficult.

I wrote back to them explaining the situation and I got a reply stated that:

I wrote again to Palm Technical Support of USA and I got the following
reply:

I don't know whether I should laugh at this or not, but anyway, I proceeded
to perform a soft reset, the pinkish hue remains. I have a feeling that they
are beating around the bush or I have been taken for a ride.

The screen is also dimmer compared to the old unit. To top it all, there are
a few defective pixels that always show red colour instead of black colour.

Does anyone here know what should I do next? If you are replying to this
post, please send a copy to the email address below (remove *removethis*).
My local news server is dropping up to 70% news posts from this group.

Regards,
Disappointed customer,
Dr. Liew

Malaysia.

Ref:
1) Palm Customer Service - Service Replacement Order PAPR021761660
2) Palm Support - KMM313988V7706L0KM
3) Palm Support - KMM317059V60270L0KM

2. SMSAPM32 is making me crazy!

3. Tungsten C compatible with Palm m505's cradle and some accessories?

4. REQ: copy of Dungeons of Daggorath for COCO2 emulator

5. Palm M505 backlight in cradle

6. Terayon Modem Help

7. W2k+Palm m505+USB cradle.

8. waitforever

9. M505 cradle for M125?

10. Wanted: Serial Cradle for M505

11. Palm M505 in cradle question

12. M505 In Cradle - Hissing sound ?

13. FA: Palm m500 m505 serial cradle (US/Canada)