Linking a Word table to Excel when saved as a web page.

Linking a Word table to Excel when saved as a web page.

Post by DCMyer » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 05:58:08

Is there a way of linking a table  (or an imported component from Excel) in a
Word document that will reflect changes when the associated spreadsheet
changes.

Ideally I want to save this document as a web page on an intranet and have it
automatically update according to variable changes in the spreadsheet.

Is this possible?

If necessary I would happily leave it as a normal Word document and resave it
as a web page and publish it to my intranet as the variables in Excel (and
hence the table in Word) change.

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated.

David

Linking a Word table to Excel when saved as a web page.

Post by Doug Robbins - Word MV » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 18:32:59

Hi David,

If you copy the data from Excel and then select Paste Special in Word and
check the Link box, a link will be created to the spreadsheet so that when
the links are updated in Word, changes in the spreadsheet will be reflected
in the Word document.

Please post any response to the newsgroups for the benefit of others who may
also be following the thread.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Quote:> Is there a way of linking a table  (or an imported component from Excel)
in a
> Word document that will reflect changes when the associated spreadsheet
> changes.

> Ideally I want to save this document as a web page on an intranet and have
it
> automatically update according to variable changes in the spreadsheet.

> Is this possible?

> If necessary I would happily leave it as a normal Word document and resave
it
> as a web page and publish it to my intranet as the variables in Excel (and
> hence the table in Word) change.

> Any help or pointers greatly appreciated.

> David

Linking a Word table to Excel when saved as a web page.

Post by DCMyer » Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:17:30

Many thanks for the suggestion - I will try it.

Will it also work when the Word document is saved as a web page?

David