OUTLOOK EXPRESS & WIN-XP, PRO

Post by Quadie » Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:10:04

I have recently installed WIN-XP, PRO, on top of Win-98, and
was shocked to recieve a blank Outlook Express, with over 5,000
emails being lost. I have also lost some of the programmes installed
on Win-98, but many of them crossed over, like pictures. I have checked
and found that 5GB space is used, that means the emails must be somewhere.
Will someone tell how can I can retrieve my lost emails as they are of
commercial nature, and very useful
Thanks!
Quadier

OUTLOOK EXPRESS & WIN-XP, PRO

Post by Michael S » Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:22:39

Open Windows Explorer, go to Tools, select folder options, go to the View
tab, be sure "Show Hidden Files and Folders" IS selected and that "Hide
protected operating system files" is NOT selected, click apply and ok.

Now, do a search in Windows Explorer for dbx files.  These are the files
that contain your old e-mail.  Click the plus sign next to your user name,
click the plus sign next to local files, click the plus sign next to
Identities, expand Identities fully, move the dbx files to the Outlook
Express sub-folder contained in this branch.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Microsoft MVP Program:

Quote:> I have recently installed WIN-XP, PRO, on top of Win-98, and