Run Time Error

Post by Allan O'Haga » Mon, 04 Mar 2002 21:11:22

i have setup a mailmerge with the following code

Public Sub mailmerge2()

Dim strseacrh As Style

strsearch = InputBox("Enter Client Short Name")

ActiveDocument.mailmerge.DataSource.QueryString = "SELECT * FROM
'qrytestmerge' WHERE (('Employee Short Name' = 'strsearch')) ORDER BY
'Employee Short Name' " & ""
With ActiveDocument.mailmerge
     .Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
     .MailAsAttachment = False
     .MailAddressFieldName = ""
     .MailSubject = ""
     .SuppressBlankLines = True
     With .DataSource
     .FirstRecord = wdDefaultFirstRecord
     .LastRecord = wdDefaultLastRecord
    End With
    .Execute Pause:=True
End With

End Sub

when i run it i get the error message Run-Time "4198"
Command Failed

can anyone help with this please

thanks in advance

1. Run-time error '429' and Run-time error '1004'

I am having these errors: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component cannot
create object" and "Run-time error '1004': Drawing Objects method of
worksheet class failed" on two machines. One is a Windows 95a machine, the
other is a Windows NT machine. I checked article Q185126, (for the NT
machine) did what it asked and had no luck. The only thing on this machine
at this time is NT, Office 97 and IE 4.0. I have Service Patch 3 for NT
installed. Office 97 is SR-2 (full version from CD, not patch). I get the
same error with Office 97, SR-1, and SR-2.

If anyone has any ideas, I can provide more information. It's a spreadsheet,
on a Novell network, running a macro that updates another spreadsheet.

Also, while we're at it, does anyone know a good combination in which to
install NT, Office 97, Visual Fox 3, Visual Fox 5, IE 4.01 (or whatever the
latest is), Service Pack 3 for NT and Visual Studio? I've tried numerous
combinations and just wondering what the standard (if any) is and how others
are doing it. Reason being, our NT machines have the most problems. More
than 95 and 98, if you can believe that. = )

2. Get MapiFolder from AddressEntry

3. Run Time Error '424' and Run Time Error '1004'

4. Download Rules for Anti Spam Email

5. Run-time error 3011 & Run-time error 3422

6. Appointments with VBA

7. Run-time error '429' and Run-time error '1004'

8. Anyone using Excel to keep track of library books?

9. Error in Microsoft Word "Run-time error 4633" Unable To Run Specified Macro

10. Run-Time Error 3000: Reserved Error, There Is No Message For This Error

11. Word 2000 Run-time Error/Automation Error/Error 440

12. Run-time Error 7 when running macro

13. Run-Time Error 1004 after running an Auto Close Procedure