Copy Sheet Problem - Excel 5, 97 and 2000

Copy Sheet Problem - Excel 5, 97 and 2000

Post by Marjo van den Nieuwenhuijze » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:24:48

Hi Sean

I had a look at your attached sheet. Very weird! I can't tell you what is
happening here but maybe this will help you: I did File-New. Then selected
all the cells in your sheet and copied them to the new sheet. If you then
copy the sheet you will no longer get the error. In the meantime I will have
another look to see if I can get some sense out of this.

Cheers
Marjo

----------

> Hi. I generated a workbook in Excel 5 about 4 years ago. I have since
> upgraded to Office '97 and then Office 2000. I have a sheet which contains a
> work schedule for employees. I re-copy this sheet every week. For the last 2
> years it keeps coming up with an error message stating that the sheet I am
> copying to contains a formula or sheet that contains the same name as on the
> destination worksheet. I tried changing the name and it's OK for that copy.
> Next week I get 2 error messages with the 2 different names. (It keeps
> increasing the number of error messages - I'm up to about 10 errors.)
> Any new workbooks I generate don't cause this problem, but I can't copy this
> worksheet to another workbook without this problem coming up by the 3rd time
> I copy the sheet. (And the workbook this sheet is from is way too big to
> start from scratch)
> I have enclosed a sample sheet for anyone to try and fix. (Just try and copy
> the sheet within the same workbook and you will see what I mean.) If you
> select all on the sheet and then copy to a fresh sheet you can avoid the
> error messages until you try to copy it about 3 times.

> Thanks for any help and advice.

> Sean.

1. Copy Sheet Problem - Excel 5, 97 and 2000

Hi Sean

I had a look at your attached sheet. Very weird! I can't tell you what is
happening here but maybe this will help you: I did File-New. Then selected
all the cells in your sheet and copied them to the new sheet. If you then
copy the sheet you will no longer get the error. In the meantime I will have
another look to see if I can get some sense out of this.

Cheers
Marjo

----------

2. NYC Training Class (CHEAP)

3. Copy Sheet Problem in Excel 2000

4. help please

5. Vice President in Charge of Killing Things

6. DLL call in Excel 97 sheet doesn't work in Excel 2000

7. Word locks up on exit

8. Excel 2000 crashes when opening excel 97 sheet

9. Copying Sheets on Excel 97 using Macro

10. Crash on sheet.copy in Excel 97

11. Can't copy sheets in Excel 97

12. Excel 97 hangs when copying sheets