!FTPc 1.16

Post by Vincent Lefevr » Mon, 28 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> !FTPc 1.16 is now on my web site. This one is for all you lucky RISC
> OS 4 users
>    * Cures display problem with RO4
>    * Adding default="true" to a menu entry will have that entry
>      selected when you click adjust on the iconbar icon.

I have a few suggestions:

If no menu entry has a default="true", could Adjust display the User menu
(like with sFTP)?

When transfering, how about displaying the estimated remaining time?
and the number of KB/s?

Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> or <http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~vlefevre/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International
des Jeux Mathmatiques et Logiques, TETRHEX, Faits divers insolites, etc.

!FTPc 1.16

Post by Vincent Lefevr » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I have to say the only reason I still don't use FTPc is the lack of user
> profiles. Depsite the user menu and picking up of URLs, having to remember
> and enter my password(s) is something I can (and do, thanks to sFTP) live
> without.

Now, I don't use sFTP any longer because it takes all the CPU time
and the transfer of a large file sometimes fails before the end, e.g.

ftp>get file.zip
227 Entering Passive Mode (140,77,11,11,184,89)
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for file.zip (247021 bytes).
Transferred : 205368/247021 bytes (83% at 2184 bytes/sec) Time left : 19
Socket error 57 occured, get aborted.

--

Post by Alex Macfarlane Smit » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> >> When transfering, how about displaying the estimated remaining time? and
> >> the number of KB/s?

> > And passive mode ...

> I have to say the only reason I still don't use FTPc is the lack of user
> profiles. Depsite the user menu and picking up of URLs, having to remember
> and enter my password(s) is something I can (and do, thanks to sFTP) live
> without.

Why do you need to remember your username/passwords?

Why not just do something like:

Works for me...

Alex.
--

WWW:    http://www.macfarlanesmith.freeserve.co.uk/

Slam a revolving door today!

!FTPc 1.16

Post by F.R. Pola » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> >> When transfering, how about displaying the estimated remaining time? and
> >> the number of KB/s?

> > And passive mode ...

> I have to say the only reason I still don't use FTPc is the lack of user
> profiles. Depsite the user menu and picking up of URLs, having to remember
> and enter my password(s) is something I can (and do, thanks to sFTP) live
> without.

The same goes for me. For the rest it is a terrific program!

--
Frits R. Polak
National Aerospace Laboratory (NLR), Amsterdam

!FTPc 1.16

Post by Rick Hudso » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>> When transfering, how about displaying the estimated remaining time? and
>> the number of KB/s?

> And passive mode ...

I have to say the only reason I still don't use FTPc is the lack of user
profiles. Depsite the user menu and picking up of URLs, having to remember
and enter my password(s) is something I can (and do, thanks to sFTP) live
without.

--

                                         http://www.actrix.gen.nz/users/rick/

!FTPc 1.16

Post by denp.. » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> > I have to say the only reason I still don't use FTPc is the lack of user
> > profiles. Depsite the user menu and picking up of URLs, having to remember
> > and enter my password(s) is something I can (and do, thanks to sFTP) live
> > without.

Um....I use FTPc and I do live without entering passwords.
But then I RTFM

K Wright

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. !FTPc 1.16

!FTPc 1.16 is now on my web site. This one is for all you lucky RISC
OS 4 users

   * Cures display problem with RO4
   * Adding default="true" to a menu entry will have that entry
     selected when you click adjust on the iconbar icon.

!FTPc is a freeware internet File Transfer Protocol Client. It
enables you to transfer files/directories to and from your web
space from the desktop using drag and drop.

--
Colin

!FTPc - http://www.c-granville.freeserve.co.uk

2. TurboAss

3. Compo 1.16

4. Looking for Palm 3e Special Edition

5. EasiFiler 1.16 RELEASE

6. FS/TRD

7. Account2 v.1.16

8. SNMP unix trap tool to send mail?

9. Oops, BASIC 1.16 after all !!! Time to retire ???

10. raFS 1.16 source release

11. AntUtils version 1.16 now available to download

12. FTPc 1.39

13. FTPc 1.40